Monday, October 1, 2018

10/1/18 It Appears Disney Is On The Docket For The Summer?

    It should make for an interesting summer vacation this coming June/July when we go to Florida and we are joined by both my folks and my in-laws.  We have traveled before together, so it wouldn't be a first time.  When I was going to college, we went up north to work the sugar beet fields and even stayed in the same house together.  A couple years ago, my folks and my in-laws traveled to Las Vegas in the same bus and I believe they hung out together, for the most part.
    Wife and I had already talked amongst ourselves that we were going to go.  It was a shitty summer last year that we really didn't go anywhere, and most of you would say that Disney is not ideal as it is packed with other idiots and it is hot and expensive and we don't have little kids, but it is also a cool place to go, I like the ambience there.  I even like walking around "Downtown Disney", where there are no rides, only store after store of Disney related merchandise and snacks.
    It was odd that it was my dad who asked "what about Disney and going to Florida this year?"  It had been on my mind, but sometimes it seems like my parents want to be private and thus it would be better with no outsiders, but then I don't or can't think of my in-laws as outsiders since Wife and I have been together since 1987, and my folks have known my in-laws probably longer than that since it is such a small town and everybody knows everyone.
    My folks big concern with the trip is that my mom worries about driving such a long way.  This is the same problem my in-laws have.  Last year, my father in law rented a 12 or 15 passenger van and they went up to Milwaukee and cruised around for a week in it.  A 15 passenger van would be great to get all them old farts plus us 4, maybe Boy's GF, my sister in law and maybe her hubby, he has been weird about traveling in the past, and maybe the other sister and her older boy, the younger one always goes to visit the other family in the summer and her "hubby" has bad knees and never goes anywhere.
    So a big ole van would get most of us there, my sister will probably go, but be on a different schedule, and they will go in their own vehicle, they always do.  My fancy attorney bro bro is even harder to tell.  If he even goes, they might fly and stay at a Disney room, (psst, he has attained poop don't stink status, but shhhh, it's a secret).  Just kidding, but the fartknocker never does things the way we do, so I expect they would make their own arrangements to get up there.
    Right now it is all sounding good.  We have to find out who is in, and get a big enough house for everybody, it should be fun, the bigger, the fancier and the more people we split the bill with, I think.  This is all preliminary, but I am getting excited, I love being up there, and if I can help it, I would love to be up there two weeks, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment