Sunday, October 28, 2018

10/28/18 Texas Loses A Close One?

    It seems there were a little too many distractions for the Horns to pull this one through.  I have to admit I didn't even get to watch this one.  We were in San Antonio, we were supposed to go to Fiesta Texas, but we got as far as my in-laws and napping just seemed like a better idea.  We discussed going at the last second and the idea of having to buy Boy a day ticket at $40-50 to walk around for a couple hours just seemed too steep.  He didn't go with us when we bought season passes.  Originally, we were going to go to Fiesta with my folks last week, but the weather was crappy and my mom got a cold which she is still recovering from.  With Boy not taking his GF and Javalina a little sour puss teenager who would rather be in his room, I decided why spend money on going somewhere a little meh, plus Wife had not seen her folks in at least a month or more.
    What I read after the game is that a couple players were punished for missing meetings by not being allowed to play.  Who the hell does that hurt if the guys not playing are your starters?  Make them run bleachers on Sunday or make them wash your car, coach, come on.  These are kids as Mr. Acho said in his twitter, they don't process like adults, this is why I call my Boy and his friends knuckleheads.  They might be trying to be adults 99% of the time, but they fumble sometimes, no pun intended, we help them when they get foolish and clumsy.  This just hurt everybody, whatever chance we had to make the playoff bracket, here Oklahoma, but at least we punished our guys for being late to a meeting.
    It was good to see Ehlinger back in there even if Buechele helped pull out the win last time.  I especially like that even in a close game where he could have panicked and thrown an interception, he is still free of that monster for the season, I believe.  This is a game that could have been won, I don't think the break did them any favors, but it is what it is.  I was honestly expecting another disastrous season, it is good that Herman appears to be as passionate as the kids and he wants to win.  I hope that BS at the end of the game just disappears and the people pussifying every other aspect of our lives leave this alone.  It was a close emotional game that could have gone either way, big deal if the coaches screamed a little at the end.  Nobody threw punches, let it go, this is football.

No comments:

Post a Comment