Tuesday, October 30, 2018

10/30/18 So Many Alarms After Being Late Once?

    It finally happened, I don't want to throw blame, but I could.  I was late to pick up Javalina from football practice.  To add insult to injury, they got out early, which made me seem like I was extra late.  First of all, my whole weekend was crap.  I worked OT finally and to change it up a bit, I decided to go early in the morning since I wake up at 7:00am, I thought I could get everything done by 1:00pm or so.  Well, I thought it was only 6 samples, but it turned out to be ten, so that made me take a little longer and then add to the fact that the samples were weirder than their name implied.  I am still learning in Chemistry, but this were labeled a certain way making me think it was just prep and shoot.  Anyways, I ended up doing a lot of extra work to get the data in, but it was still wrong.  The deal with all this is that I didn't get home until after 4:00pm.  This meant that by the time we finished eating some tacos Wife had made, there was no time to nap and not "ignore" my family.
    This all ended up with me going to bed early, which means I was in bed by 10:00pm with Wife and got up at 7:00am to take Javalina to school.  Sleeping like 9 hours was not going to allow me to go right back to sleep, but I still need to sleep for work at night.  I went to Target and got some food things.  I then got home and wrote yesterday's blog and then I remembered I hadn't done the bills since we left Saturday and I worked Sunday.  There was so much mail, I had to pull it out in groups.  Boy is supposed to bring in the mail, but he is not very good at following commands.
    By the time I got done with the mail it was past 1:00pm.  I then went upstairs, pooped and then had to shower.  I putzed around on the bed, playing Words with Friends and whatever other distractions I have.  Because I went to bed so late, I did not even hear the alarms I have to wake up.
    Suddenly, I wake up and it is almost dark and I thought "something's wrong!"  I look at my phone and I had like 15 missed texts and calls.  I didn't even pee or wash my face, I ran down and started driving towards Javalina's school, I felt so bad.  He was pissed and had already started walking towards the house.  I didn't even see him walking but as soon as I got to his campus my phone was beeping.  He said I had missed him and to come back to the storage units on 1st Street.  I went and got him and he wouldn't talk to me, like I did what I did on purpose.  Wife yelled at me, saying he was crying because he thought maybe I was dead.  Wife was pissed because she thought I was screwing around, Boy was pissed because he was bothered and was on his way to pick him up when he heard.  This is what happens when they tell me to come to bed early, it fucks up my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment