Thursday, October 11, 2018

10/11/18 Be Careful Out There?

    "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have, the facts of life."  That is such a fun little start to a song which had its time in the 80s, but also, I think it comes from a place of real.  I was arguing with a loved one about nothing, I guess and accidentally pissed them off by simply using logic, or as they said "looking at things only through my point of view."  I never get or rather I don't really like "small talk", which is just filler for silence.  If we are going to talk, let's take something apart, why not?  There is way more fun in using the brain than just saying "poor so and so, they did this."  To which in small talk you are supposed to say "wow, that is so sad."  I always prefer "well, why did that happen, nothing happens in a vacuum?"  If person A gets drunk and decides he needs to go for a drive, yes it is 100% his fault for the outcome, but he learned this shitty behavior somewhere.  I drink, and at this point, Wife says I have drunk to the point of blacking out like 3-4 times, but still, it is always at home.  I would never want to put anyone at risk so I only drink at home, I want to do it for fun, and by the way if you "accidentally" get groped while I am drunk and it is the 10th or 20th time you are around and in the hot tub with me, isn't that other person somehow also at fault for getting groped.  There is no crying in ass grabbing while in the hot tub, it's part of the experience, but maybe that's why it hasn't been used in a year.
    I could avoid many arguments with my family if I basically acted like a potato and just stared back and said "hmm, that is so sad."  By the way, when asked do you remember so and so?, I should just learn to say "oh yeah" because we always end up going a round of "you don't remember Johnny, brother of Paul, yeah you do, his sister was Sally, they once did this.  He was in your class, or maybe your brother's or maybe your sister's (there is a 10 year age gap between me and my sister, but that is a regular part of our conversations)."
    I was told not to bring this up, that is why I am staying generic about what was said, but I fully believe that if you can learn good habits from loved ones, such as having a love of reading, and making family a priority, one can also learn bad habits from the same loved ones.  The consequences of learned actions is what constitutes your life, ergo the beginning sentence at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment