Sunday, October 14, 2018

10/15/18 Just Waiting For This Cooler Weather?

    This was a fast moving weekend.  I can't say we did anything, but somehow or other, we got past it fast.  Wife was here early on Friday because she was in San Antonio for something or other and when she is, it usually means she can get here is because she is only 1 hour away instead of 3.
    I really didn't eat all day Friday, which usually doesn't happen.  When I picked up Javalina, he had like 3 friends with him so I was not about to take them to one of our eating places plus I knew Wife was headed home earlier than normal.  My plan had been to go eat when she got home.  Our plans changed when I realized I had 4 teens in the house and then two more showed up.  I didn't do an official headcount but I think he had a total of 6 boys spending the night.  Luckily, we had a box of dino nuggets Boy had bought and left in the freezer about a month ago.  As far as chicken nuggets, these aren't that bad, and I ended up making two trays, so I could get a handful of them too.
    I felt sleepy after eating and hearing Wife go on for awhile that I decided to take a nap around 7:00pm.  I told Wife to give me an hour and then I would go with her to Target to get the boys some pizzas and whatever else they could handle cooking on their own.  She laid down too, and then we didn't get up until 9:30, but it's ok, Target is open until midnight.  We went and got them chips and pizza pickets and frozen White Castle Burgers.
    In the morning, I got up early, wrote my blog, then stayed up watching videos and the boys could be heard in the bedroom, they stayed up all night, which is normal.  Once they all left, Javalina looked worn out but he sat with me until the UT game started and then beat me to the sofa where he slept for about 3 hours.  I laid on the floor at about halftime and slept through most of the game.  After the game, I took a shower and we left the house to Cabela's.  I want some of those gun cabinets that are installed in the walls and kind of hide.  They did not really have what I wanted, but I still enjoy the store.  We also offered a jacket to Javalina but as he usually does, he got weird and didn't want us to spend money on him.  We ended the night by eating at Logan's, which we enjoyed with my folks.  It is one of the only places open late and we really do like their food.
    I got up early again on Sunday, I went up to wake Wife up at noon but she was already up.  We discussed places to go and best we could decide was the HEB and maybe have lunch somewhere.  Boy took off to go visit his GF and we took off, ate at Zaxby's, then headed to the big HEB in Buda.  We didn't get that much but enough for the week.  We finished the night by sitting in front of our big projector and watching Rudy with Javalina which he had asked about earlier in the month.  We finished watching it around 7:00pm which is about the time we heated up some pizzas from HEB and saw a couple of our recorded shows, including the season finale to Wrecked, which was very good.  That was our weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment