Tuesday, October 2, 2018

10/2/18 Some People?

    Work can be a pain at times, because of the gloves and lab coat, I don't like leaving the chemistry room too often, and when I do, most of the time, it is to pee.  Last night was no different.  I waited as long as possible, and it was probably around 10:00pm when I headed to our private bathroom in the long hallway.  I know I am going to pee and fart and sometimes I might go even farther, so anyways, I am in  there minding my own business when I hear somebody walking down the hall.  They were either rasping the wall with their knuckles or knocked on the door very faintly and then attempted to open the door in one motion.  I heard the steps and I usually whistle so that anyone trying to get in will hear the noise and change direction.  I did not ever think this could make them come at the door more aggressively, but....
    I said something generic, maybe I coughed when they were knocking, then I said "occupied".  This alerted the person (most people would go away at this point), this guy asked if I needed help.  I was like "what the?!?!" I then told them to "keep walking, I am in here."  And the guy now goes "who is this?  I don't recognize your voice."  I said "good, now go away."  Then because I am about the only person in the building, and I know it was the security guard that I talk with now and then, he asked "Is it you, Mr. Gallegos?"  "Yeah, can I shit in peace?"  and he sounded heartbroken "oh, ok, I'll just keep on going."  "Thank you."  I said feeling almost bad, but what the F, did he want to carry on with how have you been, while I possibly squeeze out some brown divers?
    This was very strange, but I guess.  Maybe because we always chit chat he expected the same, even if conditions were a little weird for it.  It was a slow ass day, this is the most entertaining thing that happened today, probably.  Javalina was too tired for much conversing and I didn't even see Boy.  Wife talked to me while I drove into work, but she was more concerned with getting her food, she was in the drive through somewhere.  Girlie texted, but she was just asking how the weekend had been, we didn't discuss anything new.  Oh well, this was a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment