Saturday, October 6, 2018

10/6/18 Is It Stealing?

    I got up early as I have been doing on the weekends and went and took care of a couple things.  First of all, Wife needed an oil change, so I took her little Kia Soul to Jiffy Lube and got the high mileage oil change at a rapey $90, but we did have a $15 coupon and it is good for 7500 miles.  While I was at it, they changed the air filter which this time was full of monarch butterflies.  Last time, it was Southern Dogface Butterflies or that is what the yellow residue looked like to me.  After taking care of the tab, I stopped by Lowe's as I was taken to both extra bathrooms and shown how badly they have gotten.  I then felt like I needed to fix them on the spot, even though it was late at night, Wife was even standing there in her birthday suit being bossy and pointing my shortcomings like it is what she does 24/7.
    The shower downstairs just has no water flow, which is the problem we had in our shower, so I went and bought the same water mixer/faucet thing.  In the upstairs shower, the water diverter was not closing completely, so I bought a new water spigot thing and since that was a simple screw in thing, I did it within minutes of getting home.  At halftime of the UT game, I have gotten at least the upstairs bathroom up to normal standards.  Wife had also complained that the toilet bowl was not getting enough water, which I was sure it was just the design, but I looked in the water tank and there was a loose hose which I stuck in the only place it made sense (that I could reach, Wife was standing there bossy and nakkid, :) ).  That fixed the toilet easily enough.
    As far as the title, I also needed a new step ladder as both of my little plastic stools I use around the house to hang decorations or reach high items are now cracked and I just had an ugly vision of the hard plastic collapsing under my 400 pound ass and going through my leg, injuring me again.  I didn't exactly find what I wanted, which would have been a small ladder that folded yet could hold more than my weight.  But I did notice an open item sitting on the floor looking slightly used but still new-ish.  The frame where it was sitting by said it was $99 and after opening and really looking at it front and back, I decided it was about as good as it's going to get.  It had a weight limit of 375 pounds, which is close enough to 400 for me.  I did the self checkout but I could not scan the tag as it was in the middle of the almost 4 foot long frame, but the cashier working there took the tag off and when she scanned it, it read $19.99.  I smirked to myself, do I tattle on myself that on the wall over there it sais $99.99.  I kept my mouth shut and hustled on out.  Is that stealing?  I buy plenty of their overpriced stuff all the time, so I consider this as keeping us honest in our dealings.  Anyways, gotta get back to the game, halftime is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment