Tuesday, October 16, 2018

10/16/18 Our House Is Haunted, But Is That Bad?

    I was telling Wife and Javalina I am at my wits end sometimes, that I just don't know what to write about and Javalina gave me a few ideas.  He said I should write a scary story, and I told him I could but I didn't want to scare him since he is alone in the house so much, thanks to his bro-bro who is too busy with his new GF.
    The one thing I can't get over in this house is the shadows I keep seeing, I hate to write it and admit it out loud, but when I mentioned them to my son to try and see if it scared him, he made an excuse for it because he sees them too.  He says it is just because the house is big and light gets in through so many places and moves around.  Then I didn't want to say about the little noises I hear, like whispers specially when I am going to sleep, and he said well, you two told me that it was just the house settling, but that is why I keep my earphones on and I am always listening to music or videos because otherwise, I start hearing little whispers and that creak in some of the doors as they move.
    Apparently, I am not even alone in hearing noises here.  That is why I hate sleeping at night in the dark.  On some nights, there is too much light and you can see everything in the room lit up, but in a weird glowing green light.  I always convince myself it is the little light on the smoke detectors lighting up the room, but can that tiny point of dim light be enough to light up the whole room in a warm green glow where you could read if you wanted too?  Sitting here, which I am glad, the sun came up, I got up at 6:00am and it was still dark, but even in the morning light coming in through the two windows in the kitchen, I still think I am the only one down here and I can hear me breathing like a fat boy, but there is also another shallow deep breather, like the house is slowly breathing in and out.  This takes sitting in the kitchen quietly, without music or videos playing to hear.
    I start to think that the house has me in a trance because we don't go anywhere right now, with Wife working out of town.  It keeps lulling me to sleep because then we can converse, somehow.  If you ask Wife, a lot of my dreams are of me being in a bigger house where it doesn't matter in which direction I walk, the house just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  I can walk in the front door and just staring forward, it becomes a long hallway, with grand stairs, and walking into any room, I can find a theater room the size of the biggest theaters at any cineplex, or kitchens with every gadget and just walls and walls of drawers and cupboards.  Ultimately, I think the house likes me, and it is just its way of communicating with me that we are safe in here.  I assume there are maybe shadow people or spirits that want to be seen, but even then, they are not here to harm us, if we were in danger, they've had almost 11 years to put a hurting on us, and they haven't.  Javalina stays here alone quite a bit and he seems indifferent, so I have to assume that the "scary things" maybe aren't scary, they are just there.

No comments:

Post a Comment