Wednesday, February 8, 2017

2/8/17 Who Dies Him Or Us?

    Last week as I was driving Chubs to school, a black guy about danced around some cars to the middle of the road and stopped about a foot away from my truck.  All I had time was to say what the F***?!  Maybe out of guilt or adrenaline, I started a conversation with Chubs about what would he have done.  Do we mow down the idiot on the road or swerve and for sure crash into one of the many cars right next to us?  We both came to the conclusion that between him or us, we mow a fool down, specially if that is what he wants to do so early in the morning.  This kind of pissed me off, not because I hit him, but if we had, I would have to let Chubs view a disgusting mess.
    What do you do when people want to take themselves out this way?  How come police officers constantly put themselves at risk when an idiot wants to end himself?  Put a hole in the sum bitch and be done with it.  As Carolla would say, 5% of the people cause problems for the rest of us to deal with.  95% of us never have a need for a police officer, but because of these few assholes, we get to live in this society where we are constantly monitored. 
    The same black guy was out there again this morning.  He wasn't acting the fool, I could see he was just trying to cross the street, but he certainly is not doing it in a very smart way.  First, if anything, he is jaywalking, but I don't blame him, the end of the street is kind of far, on feet.  I figure he is crossing to get on one of the bus routes headed into the city.  What if he is accidentally run over, traffic is fierce in this location, there is a curve and people are racing to jockey for position before the school zone?  Who would be at fault, the walker for taking too many chances, or the driver for running him over.  I don't think there is a winner either way.  Part of the problem is this need to build high rise apartments in every empty lot.  There are just too many people in the city.  Whether walking or driving, there are always tons of people moving about.
    This very thing actually happened to a family member, driving back home to Crystal, from San Antonio, at night.  Some lost soul intent on ending himself, ran out on the freeway naked, in the middle of the night.  My family member never had a chance to react, he just braced for the impact and then had to sit around as medical and police officers showed up.  He had no fault, and has never mentioned it since, but I am sure it sits in his consciousness and bothers him in some regard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment