Friday, February 24, 2017

2/24/17 How Long Before You Move In Together?

    A friend of mine is dating and although it has only been a few months, like 3, the guy is already bringing up the idea of moving in together and even marriage.  I was dating Wife for six years and if not for Boy or Chubs, I would still be happy dating.  I don't mean to sound like an ass, Wife is a great person, definitely a better human than me, but who goes around trying to get hitched at 3-4 months?  This guy doesn't know how she leaves the bathroom smelling after a hearty Mexican meal and he is willing to say "I do" for the rest of their lives?
    By the time Wife and I moved in together, we had known each other for a good six years, I was just about to graduate and even if I didn't have many financial options at the time, I knew I was a hard worker and eventually I would do all right.  Wife was also going to school and about halfway done, so we could see a path we could take.  I believe rushing into marriage and making babies slowed us down and is a great part of the reason we have not been able to get out from under our financial toils (that and I like shopping), but soon that will change, I got the lucky numbers for the next lottery.  If we hadn't had Boy at the time, we also might not have lasted together, and for better or worse, I am hard to live with and Wife handles me pretty well, so I am glad we are married.
    Ultimately, as Wife tells me, it is none of my business what these people do.  She reminds me that I give advice all the time and she rarely takes it, so let them learn the hard way.  I agree.  So, given that none of her generation is married and they all seem to be shooting out kids, just look away and let them do what humans are good at, reproducing? 
    When done correctly, marriage is a fine thing.  My brother and sister both married their partners, enjoyed each other for a few years, bought a house, then coughed up some kids.  Wife's brother did it that way too.  I was a little jealous that they were able to travel as much as they did, but then again, I make decisions with my penis, cause I'm a bit of an idiot. 
    At this point, at least I am glad Boy has listened to me.  He's not even entertaining girls at this point.  I brought up all this to him, and he said nah, I'd rather spend my money on myself.  It sounds selfish, but really, shacking up means a woman pretty much starts making your decisions for you.  Actually, even though most of Boy's childhood buddies don't come around, only one of them has gotten a girl knocked up.  Maybe all the purchasing of condoms and constantly telling them that having kids suck helped them out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment