Sunday, February 26, 2017

2/27/17 Lillith, God's First Mistake?

    Last night, I was going to crack wise about a thing I saw on Pinterest to my brother's overly religious friend.  If we are going to go along with the Bible, then God created the earth and all the stars, yes?  Ok, then God created Adam and because Adam needed something to play with, God took a rib and turned it into a woman, Eve.  I know y'all women don't see it this way, but the bible also tells you to hush, in Timothy and Corinthians.  Boy's other friend's both jumped at this point and tried shaming me for not knowing about Lillith.  How many of you had heard about Lillith?  Apparently, she was created as an equal to Adam, at the same time, but she was mouthy and had a bit too much attitude for comfort.  The story I found online gets murky, either she was turned to dust, or she ran off and had sex with Satan and created some demons.  Another version Wife had heard was that Lillith is God's sister which sounds even more out of place from biblical mythology. 
    Turns out after I went back to yell at Boy's friend's about Lillith not mentioned anywhere in the bible according to Google and the internet.  They said "Oh, it's in the Tora."  Sorry, but I don't wear a yarmulke (tiny jewish hat) and I don't read other religious books because this is 'merica, fuck yeah!  Then I wonder why I am running out of people to argue with.  At some point curiosity will get the best of me and I'll go get some other religious book to read, this is still a free country, I think.
    But backing it up to my original query, I did get an interesting answer from the religious friend who I wanted to ask the question to.  My original question was Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel as sons, where do we get more people from that?  They couldn't all be going after mommy, that would be wrong.  Boy's religious friend said that Adam and Eve had many children and they in turn populated the planet.  Sounds a little wrong to me that God would plan it this way, but I guess this is why we shouldn't question the bible too much.
    At one point, I thought of the bible as describing a kingdom like a royal kingdom, it just made more sense to me that way.  They lived within the garden of Eden but it was within the confines of a castle and Adam and Eve could exist and have their children and eventually they could go exploring outside the gates for mates and to conquer in the name of God, but nobody has ever really explained it to me that way, I have always said that I am clairvoyant, so I could be right.
    Even Chub's has been asking me questions lately, which I like that he is a curious sort.  He was asking how was Jesus white and blue eyed if he comes from the middle east and a jew.  I told him that I read that Pope Alexander VI, born Roderic Borgia had the image of Christ redone in the image of his son, Cesare.  There was a great series on Netflix going through the rise and fall of Borgia's life, it was very interesting.  Here was another curiosity I caught while listening to someone on You Tube, the Bible could put a ban on slavery and consider all humans equal or make eating shellfish a sin, guess which one sends you to hell?  Things are not weighted correctly.  I cannot believe that the Catholic Church is still so dogmatic, that it still won't allow women to serve as priests.

No comments:

Post a Comment