Monday, February 6, 2017

2/7/17 The House That Loved Too Much?

    I am going to tell y'all a secret which no one will believe, but here goes.  I gew up in a house that was alive, ALIVE I TELL YA!!!  When my parents would look away we could go into secret compartments and pop out in different areas of the property.  I never thought it was weird, when you grow up like this, it just seems normal.
    I don't think my folks ever even knew about this, and they still wouldn't understand it.  The only way a house can stay young and strong is to take the personality of the youngest member of the family.  The best times we ever had was when it was just my brother and I and Hous-y.  Hous-y never wanted us to get hurt, so if we told him we were going to crash into one of the walls, he would make a portal and let us fall through to the next room.  This only worked when no one was looking.  Unfortunately, we were rarely left alone, but our sitters never paid that much attention.  We could dive head first into the closet and a tunnel would open to where we would pop up in the old storage shed behind the house.  That was where we had our best conversations with hous-y.  My brother and I would climb up into the rafters and the wood would tell us it had been grown by a cemetary and the trees had somehow absorbed some of the souls through the roots that reached over.  When the trees were eventually cut, the souls were stuck in the lumber, and once it was cut and mixed and matched, there was not really a soul left, just enough living energy to conglomerate and form a living shell.
    Because Hous-y feared being burned or destroyed if the adults knew of this burdensome secret, it would only occasionally drop its guard if the kids seemed really cool.  I have never even mentioned this to Wife or anyone, mostly because they would think I was making it up, but something happened this weekend, and I feel I must speak my mind, if just to calm my mom down.  Hous-y is a good guy, he would never hurt any of us, and that is the most important part.
    This weekend, when Wife got to my Mom's, Mom told Wife that my brother's boy suddenly disappeared for about twenty to thirty minutes.  They looked everywhere and the child was not to be seen.  If I can fathom a guess, he went into the tunnel that leads from the closet in the middle room of the house to the shed in the back.  Because the kid only weighs 40 pounds, he probably got stuck.  You need some heft to fall all the way through.  If not, you will be doing some climbing, Hous-y will help, but he can only do so much.  After panicking, my Mom thought along the right line, that maybe the house had eaten him, but the reality is my nephew probably just discovered the magic of Hous-y since he is the youngest member of the family.  My brother never trusted Hous-y, but I'm sure he knows where his boy was, he just threw a spectacle because we swore we would not let on publicly about Hous-y.  Well, his boy will soon discover the cave beneath the house, I am curious if the toothless dragon still lives.  I will wait and look into my nephew's eyes and that will tell me how much he has discovered, on his own.  If Bro-bro was always too scared of Dragonus, maybe he should get his finger out his butt and watch his son better, for he knows that even when you are alone in Mom's house, we are never Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment