Tuesday, February 28, 2017

2/28/17 Ahhh, Young Love Is Kind Of Dumb?

    I don't know what happened, but if someone can do a 180 degree turn when it comes to something as serious as moving in together, said person was not that serious in the first place.  My friend that I wrote about last week that had been asked to move in and possibly get married by the end of the year was unceremoniously dumped Sunday morning.  She has been staying with us and she keeps close tabs during the week, but on the weekend, she has been running off to play house, which I guess is fine.  There's no fucking way that would happen if she was my daughter, but who am I to stop a grown-up from doing this?
    We kind of saw it coming, there were pictures being posted a couple of times throughout the night of a little too much partying, but isn't it what you do when you are in your early 20's and have no children?  I would like to say we enjoy living vicariously through her pics, but there was no time in my life or Wife's, for that matter, when we wanted to jump up on a bar and act the fool, but to each his own.
    We were enjoying our breakfast at the crack of noon when the door opened and thinking it was Boy getting out early from work we called to him.  No, it was Girlie, she had decided to come over because her folks went to Corpus for the weekend for a birthday party, so she headed over to hangout with us as we ate breakfast.  I started joking whether she had gotten the engagement ring already, considering she was talking about moving in with him and having kids and stuff.  She said that is not going to happen, they are no longer together.  She then said "I don't know what happened, I woke up and he had all my stuff packed and asked "is there anything to discuss?""
    She left his house confused, but if he is going to back out of so many promises of "they lived happily ever after", I say the sooner the better.  Worse case would be to create a life then decide to hit the eject button as so many idiots do nowadays. 
    I had thought the guy seemed like a good guy, but if he is ready to settle down and she still has some energy to burn, they might not be perfectly matched right now.  I had told her when they started dating, "this guy doesn't want to share you, you have to decide and cut out all your extra friends, including us", but she is stubborn and said no.  I can see him wanting to get rid of those friends that push her to go out and party like a rock star, even if only once a month, it may be too much for a marrying kind of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment