Tuesday, April 5, 2016

4/5/16 Exploring On A Sunday Afternoon?

    We had a lovely Sunday this weekend.  After wasting Saturday waiting for Wife to get back from her campus tour, we had a few hours in the afternoon which we used to go find Boy some shirts.  I don't think he was really looking though, which is the part that bothers me.  Sunday was just Wife, Chubs and me.  I don't like what is going on with Barton, I guess it is the only mall left, but malls aren't for (as Ben Affleck said in Mallrats to tie it to yesterday's blog) freaking mallrats.  Go about your commerce and get out of there.  It is not the local hangout to meet your troublemaker friends or to go looking for trouble.  On one end of the mall, a group of teenage boys was running up the down escalator, great we'll wait while you all act the fool.  Like I've said no one likes a group of teenage boys together, they're likely to be rude and looking for something to prove to their friends how tough they are.  Another one was a dude covered in tattoos, even his eyebrows were words tattooed in.  I don't want to stare at an idiot like that, but if I see words I read them, I got in that I'm staring at your eyebrows because I'm trying to read the message, he was already eyeballing with the "fuck do you want?"  If you go write shit on your face, why act surprised when people look at it?  Isn't that why you did it? 
    Anyways, this and other circumstances have me considering my mall options.  Today we headed out to Bee Caves, I had seen a Dillard's behind some other stores and I have never seen a Dillard's exist outside of a mall.  I bought some shirts and underwear, and the lady said it was a mall, but more like the Domain, an outside mall.  We then drove right down the middle, there were a lot of stores we didn't recognize, but it looked pricey.  We left as Wife's family called that they were bored and going to take a trip to visit us.  We then stopped at a Billiard's store to see what they had and spent about half an hour there.  I love the stuff there, but it is all so expensive.  We were out in the Bee Caves area where Wife says they are not supposed to advertise they are there.
    Coming back, we stopped at Costco, which I had told Wife was my goal, to have a little more time to really look around.  We got there at 5:20 or so, which again left us in a bit of a hurry.  I have concluded they have some outstanding cows they are slaughtering.  Man!, that meat is just tasty.  I love the flavor.  Don't insult meat like this with A1 or anything else, taste the meat.  I lit the grill, then went to cut the grass in the front yard, while Wife took care of the grilling duties.  She set up an app on my phone which tracks food intake versus exercise to help lose weight, and I concluded that if I cut the grass, I would be able to enjoy my dinner, by having more calories to abuse.
    Apart from my in-laws visiting, Girlie is staying with us again, for a couple weeks, her lease ended with her aunt and she will be moving in with her folks who are in the process of getting a place which should be ready in two weeks.  She is going on a trip, leaving Tuesday and coming back Sunday, so she's here, but not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment