Sunday, April 10, 2016

4/11/16 Busy Awesome Weekend?

    I went into the weekend worried I wouldn't be able to keep up the faster pace we have started.  At work, there is a natural flow which allows me to walk.  At home, it just seems hard to justify going for a walk.  We went to the mall Friday, looking for Luggage, but we didn't decide on anything. 
    Saturday, Wife was doing another work thing.  I got up around 2:00pm, and even though I didn't want to forced myself to go take care of the hot tub and its green water.  Hunkering down with a big bucket, I emptied most of it in 20 min or so.  I then spent another half hour scrubbing, letting it fill some more then using the bucket to empty it out again.  I did this about four times until the water stopped looking green and dirty.  This was some vigorous work that left my lower back stiff and hurting the next day when I woke up.  After doing all that cleaning, Wife got home, and we went for a drive to the outlet malls in San Marcos.  We saw luggage we not only liked, but we thought was awesome.  American Tourister has a new line of hard shelled bags in the chapes of Star Wars characters.  We couldn't help ourselves, we bought a large ~28inch R2D2 bag for Wife, a small 21inch R2D2 and another small 21 inch Darth Vader for Boy.  I insisted on my Victorinox bag, but they were cheaper than at the mall.
    Sunday was a slow starting day.  It didn't seem we were going to complete my goals of getting the pool pump working.  We headed out to Lowe's to buy hot tub chemicals, and other house stuff, but I really wanted to look at their paint as we are thinking of painting the interior of the house over the next few months.  We got back home and I started promptly cutting the grass and trimming the front.  I was hesitating changing of the pool pump because the area was covered in fire ants.  Before we left the house, I dumped a bunch of ant killer over the area which seemed to help as I didn't get bit once.
    I was then able to hook up the pool pump and get it running while I also cleaned and lit the grill.  Just for fun, we also picked up all the palm leaves, which had hid a snake from me a couple weeks ago.  I can run the pool pump and filter now, hopefully, beat the city before they start calling that my pool is a nuisance again like they did last year. 
    This is all on top of being on a high from being on this diet that is really working for us.  I started two weeks ago at 409, I am down to 395.  Chubs was at 226 and is back down to 219.  Wife is having equal success, you know women don't like to discuss real numbers.  The best part is that we are still eating normal food.  We went Saturday night after we finished shopping at the Outlet mall and ate at Outback, even had wings and a blooming onion as appetizers.  Sunday night was BBQ in the backyard, and that is about the healthiest way to heat up meat as far as calories.  I am trying to tackle all my chores with the idea that they are exercise, hopefully the yard stays cut all summer as I keep up the diet.  I am hoping to tackle my next project, which is getting the boat running, so we can go hang out at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment