Thursday, April 14, 2016

4/15/16 Time Stops For No Man?

    Funny how it seems like only yesterday Wife and I were discussing this coming school year when she would be driving a bus on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  She worked a lot longer than she thought that she would for her CDL but she finally got it.  Now we're sitting discussing the real possibility that she won't be driving it next year.  She should have never been assigned the responsibility, really, who takes someone with an administrator background and a Master's degree and assigns them to drive a bus?  Anyways, now we are sitting at the tail end of the school year and discussing she only has a handful of times she might drive those students.  I think it's cute that they call her Miss Bus Driver.
    The same thing goes for Boy, last year I shed a tear or two when he "moved out".  He really does get on my nerves sometimes, but I like him at home where we can keep an eye on him and make sure he is eating and sleeping accordingly (I think these are the reasons for his feelings lately, btw).  The year was over before we knew it and he came back home for the summer, where I promptly started looking at the calendar after I noticed he doesn't do much around the house.  This fall was much easier and this spring even more so.  He comes back on the weekends, asks for ridiculous stuff, like lately he wants a new Jeep with 4x4 because they go a lot of places.  That is his reasoning.  I miss him and I don't.  But we are counting down, he'll be back for the summer in a couple more weeks.
    Chubs cried and argued that he didn't want to move last year, yet we are a month and a half from him finishing at this school and then he will still have to move to another school.  I remember just like a couple months ago dropping him off for kindergarten, and waiting there under a roof every day, getting to know a couple other parents.  Now he's one the big kids and this week he has been in charge of putting the US and Texas flags away, taking great pride in them not touching the ground.
    I consider myself the backbone of this family, and here I am, still working in the same campus I walked on over twenty years ago (Nov 25, 1995).  My company has changed names three times, and my job description has changed about that many times, but I have been here, providing for my people like a father should.  I almost wish there was a "how- to- book" on living life.  Are we living it correctly?  Some people don't have as much, but seem to have all sorts of free time to enjoy themselves.  Other people seem to do nothing but party and enjoy themselves.  What is the goal for us?  I would hate to find out that getting our kids so educated is not the main goal.  Preparing them for a successful adulthood has to be one of the "yes" things to do and get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment