Wednesday, April 27, 2016

4/27/16 It Only Took Nine Years To Start Getting Our House In Order?

    I don't quite know what has occurred over the past month.  Maybe it has to do with Wife and I losing weight, but all of a sudden, we are both doing little projects trying to make the house look like a presentable home.  We had gotten in quite a bad habit of washing all the clothes and then just throwing a big pile on some chairs in our bedroom.  Over the last month, I have been staying up late on Friday, washing all the clothes from the past week and putting it away.  Wife wakes up like Christmas morning, room is all clean and even her work clothes are hanging in her closet.  I also took the initiative and cleaned Chub's room where he doesn't hardly have stuff to make a mess.  He doesn't play with "toys" anymore.  I've kept some bins holding some Legos, and all his Build-A-Bears are lined up, but nowadays he spends all his time at his desk on the computers or in front of the XBOX.  I might pick up his controllers and put them in the assigned drawer, but he can't make too much of a mess. 
    Boy, on the other hand, needs his room redone.  He has always had a problem keeping his stuff organized.  At some point, I will go in and do the same thing I did to Chub's room.  Not leave anything that ends up making trash.  I would also like to replace his carpet with wood flooring, as the carpet in his room has had it rough.  Chub's old room next to ours was cleaned and reorganized after he moved out.  I didn't necessarily want a bed in there, I was thinking of making it a TV room but my mom spazzed out one time she came up because I didn't have enough beds and my brother's back hurt from sleeping on a pull out couch.  Being the good son I am, I went and converted the room to another guest bedroom for the sake of peace and harmony.
    Just today, I went in the guest room downstairs where Girlie stayed with us for what turned out to be three weeks.  Her bedroom set is still there, and since my folks are coming this weekend, I made the decision to just set it up.  I put her drawers against the wall instead of in the middle of the room, hung the mirror on it, and even tossed the headboard (made for a queen) behind the king bed in that room.  Now, at least, the room looks like a true guest room, and we don't have to keep wondering when she will pick up her stuff.  I'm hoping it stays there awhile.
    Three weeks ago I started up on the garage.  A year ago we couldn't even walk in there, but last summer my in-laws helped us clean it out when we were going to move.  There is still a lot of stuff on the floor, not really trash, just stuff.  But I have cleaned one side with shelves all the way across, and I even made a place to have a working table for my little projects when I am tinkering outside.  I hope to finish in there in next couple of weeks before it gets too hot, but those shelves are pricey.  It is clean enough that tonight Wife was able to store her car in there, good since it is a convertible and we were expecting hail.
    While I've been doing my thing, Wife has been taking care of other things.  She was obsessed with caulking the tub downstairs.  I honestly am never sure if I am doing it right, so I hesitate to undertake stuff like that.  She has taken care of it.  She is also tacking our large pantry, throwing away old expired food and even boxes and crap that make their way in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment