Monday, April 18, 2016

4/19/16 Who Is The Bigger A-hole?

    Today (Monday) was a weird day.  First of all, there was a late start for all the AISD kids, so Chubs was home until about 9:30am.  Wife had the day off because today was a bad weather make up day, which was perfect as there was flooding here and there, thanks to the sporadic rain we saw.  We were having an ok afternoon, we got up around noon, got dressed, and even met a friend for lunch at Don Dario's, which is tex-mex food, and I felt like eating some barbacoa tacos.  It drizzled on us for a bit on and off, but nothing too crazy.  After we ate, we went home, our friend (Girlie's mom) hung out for a bit, tried the watermelon, which who knew watermelon could be so sweet this early in the season, then she went on her way to pick up her kids, and we headed to pick up our Chubs.
    This is where I encountered a most special Princess, few of us can hope to be as blessed as she must be.  The traffic must part open and let this rare damsel fly by as if us peons do not exist.  There are two lanes in the pick-up area to get our kids.  The one closest to the school, of course is used by parents that need to get off and go inside, everyone knows that.  I was tempted to go all the way up and park in front of the car the furthest up, mostly because people are generally stupid, and I hate getting blocked in, plus I usually get off to say hi to the crossing guard while Chubs makes his way out.  Anyways, I am parked behind a mama who decides to clean her car there, which fine, she is not hurting anyone, but all of a sudden the Queen of Austin shows up, stops on the outside lane, and proceeds to get off.  I start thinking "goddammit if she drags ass..."  But Wife has gotten off a minute sooner and Wife can be distracted by any teacher and she can get drawn into a long conversation so I sit and fume.  Of course, a truck from behind comes up and lines up behind Her Majesty's chariot.  Then another car, Wife shows up and I want to get out and we are trapped hard.  I honk, figuring if she was coming back she might 2-step it and hurry, but what do assholes do?  She walks slower, the cars keep coming behind us, I lay on the horn and start screaming in the cab of my truck, I would have been more patient but she is sitting in her car and now she is smelling the weeds her kid has cut.  She gets off to tell me not to honk at her, I instinctively yell at her to "get your ass back in your car and move!!"  she goes another round about me cussing, I have lost it at this point, have my door and window open and I yell "move your shit now, you're making everybody wait, what the fuck!!!"  She gets in her car and drives, still slow, but we finally moved.
    Fine, I could be seen as the impatient asshole, but does she not deserve some credit for being a selfish human?  There are parking spots lining the two lanes, she could pull into those.  What makes her special that she can make us all wait on her time?  I am generally very laid back there, I always pick up Chubs at or after three, so the teachers have all gone back inside, but I can't stand to be blocked in, I get that trapped feeling, and I can and do often loose my shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment