Wednesday, April 13, 2016

4/13/16 What Do We Do If It's Going To Get Worse?

    I listened to a video with Ron Paul declaring that the US is headed for another recession soon.  He was talking about how the solution for the last recession in 2008-09 was kind of salvaged by the US gov't just printing money and giving it to the banks.  Apparently, our currency is no longer supported by gold, and that has been the case for at least 40 years.  The whole thing was very doom and gloom.  It explains how because of inflation, our money is not worth what it was worth in the past. 
    I was then discussing it with a coworker here and he seems to already know all this stuff.  Is everyone aware that things are so bad all around?  I live in a pretty small bubble where I interact with few people.  My family is good, we all have degrees which have helped us in different ways to accomplish pretty comfortable lives.  Nothing is guaranteed, I could lose my job tomorrow, but I figure worse case scenario, I could always become a teacher.  I then brought up this fact to my buddy I was discussing with, and my conclusion is that I can't end up worse than some of the other people I know who don't own anything.  He says that the beauty of our system is they will come through unscathed because they don't own anything.  The gov't can't go after them.  The people that will get ruined are the middle class because we have just enough that the gov't can try to take away a little bit more.
    What I want to know is fine, what do we do in this coming doom and gloom?  I ask about buying gold, it seems to be the standard, but then what?  It's not like I can buy a gold brick and solve all my problems.  Should we run off into the country and become farmers, move to Alaska like the Kilchers from yesterday's blog?  If one was to buy a bunch of gold and the country dissolves, you'll get shot that much quicker for your gold.  Should we arm ourselves?  That seems very primitive thinking to me, and I hate that there is a scenario where that is the best solution, but we are animals, after all.
    I can't imagine society breaking down.  If it started looking that way, I guess we'd take our RV and head back to the small town I came from, no reason to stay in the big city and get killed by strangers for a couple nickels.  But then what?  Life has to continue, we can't live in a permanent state of panic and fear, that is not living.  Another recession may indeed come, but like everything else, it will pass.  Nothing lasts forever, people will continue to do what people do.  I believe people are mostly good, maybe we need to shake the tree and get rid of a few bad apples, but overall we need to have trust in our fellow man, and together we'll get through the turbulent times.

No comments:

Post a Comment