Thursday, October 21, 2021

10/21/21 No More Toys For Christmas?

     Times like this, I am a little jealous maybe not the right word, but in our quest to be good productive citizens, I think we have overlooked the baby making process in our family.  I don't think we have had a new kid since my brother had his son and he is 8-9 years old and about the same on Wife's side.  One of my biggest fears a few years ago was Boy getting his girlfriend pregnant at a time when they weren't quite ready and he was still going to school.  I guess that fear has subsided now that he is about to finish college and has a good job.  He is still not married and I don't think they are even talking about it, but I am starting to think it's about that time.

    I know it sounds stupid, but we need a kid around for the holidays.  Christmas time isn't as much fun without the bright eyed wonder of an innocent kid who believes in the magic of Santa and all that goes with that.  I really enjoyed the idea of shopping and delivering for my boys, trying to surprise them on Christmas morning.  At this point, I was even asking Wife if we are even going to buy any toys this holiday.  I don't think any of our nephews are at an age where they play with "toys".  Like Wife said, she has only seen them playing with phones and Ipads and stuff, so the idea of a bag of marbles isn't going to go over well.

    So that leads to the next thought of "what kind of gifts do we get people?  Are we even going to bother exchanging gifts, we really haven't gone all out but that is part of the problem, when kids get older, it's not really fun.  Maybe a nice gift card to Best Buy, that is the holiday spirit in full bloom.  I have thought about maybe a nice handgun for Baby A since I consider myself a prepper now and that is one of the basics, a person should be able to protect themselves.  I mentioned the idea to him and he is not Boy, he could give a shit about guns.  Boy would gladly take another gun, pistol or rifle.  I might do that still, it is still early in the holiday season, I mean the stores just barely knocked down the Halloween stuff and started replacing it with Christmas trees and all the extras, so we got time.

    This time of year gets a little crazy with the shorter days starting, football season getting close to ending, once Halloween passes, it seems like a death march to the end of the year.  It becomes like "alright, two more weeks to Thanksgiving break, then another 2 weeks and we get two weeks off for Christmas break and New Year's.  I am really looking forward to slowing down here for a bit.  Wife has been non stop since April when she took the new job, I don't think she has missed more than a half day for one of the football games that was going to be out of town.  She really needs some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment