Thursday, October 28, 2021

10/28/21 Boy Had Another Fender Bender?

     I don't want to say Boy is a bad driver but he is on car accident number three now.  This time he was leaving our community, there is a newish light to help people cross the street right next to our road that leads out and he said there was a kid crossing, so he thought he had the right of way.  According to him, as soon as the kid crossed the street, the lady gunned it through the stop and that is where they collided as he was driving out.  I am glad that everyone is alright, first and foremost, but dammit.  I don't know how many times the insurance will let you bump into other cars before they decide to drop you or start jacking up our rates.  I told him that any rise in our rates will be paid by him, at this point, he is 27, it is probably time for him to go out and get his own coverage anyway.

    It was Christmas Eve in 2020 that he crashed our little 2019 Ford Ecosport, which we only had for half a year.  That car was totaled and it sucked because I really liked it, it was loaded and was even an AWD vehicle.  We did replace it with the 2011 Ford Escape and that has also been a great car, but I am not letting him get comfortable with that one, he can stick to his Edge until he buys his own car.  His first accident was back in San Marcos on the Jeep we had gotten him.  I don't think that was his fault, some ditzy chick hit him in a weird way, one of them was coming out cutting across traffic and the other was driving in the middle turning lane or something, and they hit.  The Jeep was never a great vehicle, those wranglers look cool but they are a pain to drive.  The ride was harsh and noisy.  It doesn't help that my brother says the one he got for his daughter is so loud on the highway, with those big beefy 4x4 tires, that they can't even have a conversation.  I love the idea of a Wrangler for myself, it can be a convertible, it can be a 4x4, I could even choose a Gladiator and that would almost be like a truck, but I'm not driving something that isn't comfortable on the highway.

    I can't fault Boy entirely, I know accidents happen, but he needs to think about taking a defensive driving class or something.  He is always in some sort of rush, gets up at the last minute and rushes himself so that might have been part of the reason, but he would never admit that.  I am not going to get upset, he makes decent money now, so whatever increase in our insurance will be taken care of from him, there is no reason at this point for us to eat that cost.  I guess these are just parts of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment