Sunday, October 24, 2021

10/23/21 Out In The Country?

     We went to a gender reveal party on Saturday, which was a first for us, and I can say it was okay.  DD is now married and living his life away from us but still comes and visits regularly with the new wife.  They got pregnant a month or so after getting married in a spur of the moment trip to Vegas, but hey, sometimes it can work out, what does anyone know?  Anyways, this is not about that, this is about them celebrating their new coming baby.  The gender reveal party is a new thing, we didn't even knew this was a thing when we had wither of our boys, but it seems in today's climate, everyone tries to outdo each other in presenting the sex of the baby, not sure why since in today's climate it is also acceptable to change your identity twenty times a day.

    The party was down in Dale, which is where Boy's best friend's family moved to and I remember driving out there one other time for a party at their house, it just seemed to go on and on to get there.  Apparently, we were within four miles of that house, but this time we drove out there and seemed to get there in like twenty minutes.  Maybe the difference was that we got on the toll road, I am not sure, but the drive felt real quick.  Baby A commented that he didn't like the feel of Dale, it reminded him too much of the creepy movies we have been watching, specifically the small town on the way to Crystal Lake, in the Friday the 13th movies.  There were also abandoned old houses and churches to give it an even creepier Halloween vibe.  It was an okay drive overall.  The creepiest thing was a couple of cows staring at us from about fifty yards away in the next yard over as we hung out in the backyard.  It seems everyone keeps cows out there, DD's Wife said it was for tax purposes, I guess everyone is filing for agricultural exemptions out there.

    I liked the house having the big backyard, I would say it was close to two acres, but the back part of the property curved down and felt like it should be a creek full of water, which I was told it has filled in the past.  We were fed brisket and sausages, a common meal I like to make on the weekends, which Baby A was quick to point out their brisket was better than mine, something Baby A never misses a chance to poke at me for, because he is a little shit.  The brisket was very good, I can admit, maybe the pellet grill is not the best tool, but I still maintain it is damn convenient, so I will keep doing what I do.  

    As far as the outcome, it was kind of confusing, one second I was eating, the next I stepped inside to get more tea, Boy stepped in to get a cupcake, and DD's wife got a little upset because she pulled the thing to reveal a blue puff of smoke with no warning and almost no one even saw it.  I think she need to say something like "here we go" or announce it was fixing to be revealed in the next few minutes.  Oh well, the baby will be a boy, I finally heard.  We congratulated the couple and both sets of grandparents, which was nice to see all of them getting along together, and after another hour or so of catching up with DD's family, we left.  It was a nice lazy Saturday afternoon.  We were worried about the possible traffic out that way as there was supposed to be a race at the new race track, but I guess we got home before all those people got out in traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment