Friday, October 29, 2021

10/29/21 An All Around Shitty Day?

     I fucking hate windy days, they just suck the life right out of me.  I don't even spend that much time outside but nothing good comes from the wind blowing above 30mph.  Yesterday, I didn't even make it home from dropping off Baby A at school and I got a call from Boy.  Every time he calls I cringe because he never calls to tell me about a cool new TikTok video or some good news, no, it is always something else that happened.  Sure enough, he was in another fender bender.  I discussed this yesterday, but it was just the start of the crap.

    I then thought it would be a good idea to open the windows, I think because I made a stew the day before there was that smell in the house, which you really notice it when you walk back in after being gone for a little bit.  After opening a few windows, I went to turn off the A/C controller downstairs only to have the screen not want to react.  It is a touchscreen and usually it lights up with us just approaching it, I don't really know what was going on with it.  I unplugged it from the wall, and plugged it back in, and I pressed the one button on the side that I could see, and nothing.  I sat on the sofa, pissy and thinking I would have to call Fox yet again.  I decided to talk to my mom, I hadn't talked to her in over a week, but it was just more sad news, having my aunt hurt her leg and then spiral out of control because of onset dementia is really taking a toll on my mom.  It is especially hard because they have been so close all of their lives and their isn't much that can be done.  The only good thing to take from the call was to hear that my folks are supposed to come up next week to see Baby A's last football game, it has been awhile since we have seen them, football takes up so much of our free time.

    There were a couple of okay hours, I did plan on sleeping a couple hours, but between worrying about our insurance going up and then making the chili and cornbread, I never got a chance to get to bed until close to 1:00pm.  I slept maybe 40 minutes, then said screw it, I didn't expect much work, we have dwindled the list of work down to a trickle.  When I went outside to leave for work, I found the stupid portable basketball rim we have between the cars blown over by the wind and sitting against the roof of the Telluride and the window of the Excursion.  I was glad for the foam edge which probably saved the window from breaking, although it has a white mark, like a heavy rub that I'll need to buff out.  The Telluride, which we never even drive and we're trying to keep looking good and new, got a huge dent above the passenger front door where the rim hit and then slid a couple inches.  There must not have been foam on that side, it was metal to metal scraping.  

    In one day, two of our cars managed to get dents, so to me, that is always going to be a shitty day.  I guess I can be glad that Boy was not hurt, but it will still suck and we will have to go out of our way to get things fixed, if we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment