Sunday, April 4, 2021

4/5/21 I Want One?

     I have always been a materialistic simple minded fool.  I kind of still believe the mantra of the 80's, he with the most toys in the end wins.  Wife has been working and trying to change that about me, I don't think it will ever go away.  It bums out a bit that although we have a pool in the yard, it has a leak that I haven't been able to figure out.  We are at the point where I have told Wife we either take the chance and cut the cement around it to access the pipes buried in the ground or we just give up and rip the whole concrete out and throw away the pool and hot tub and look to start over.  It sucks because we have a nice simple layout.  Our pool is not the greatest, but if it didn't leak, it would be cute enough and just about the right size for a family.  The dimensions are about 12 feet wide at it's middle and then goes from about 3.5ft at the steps to about 5.5ft at the deepest on the other side.  Their used to be a light on the deep end, but that also has not worked in a couple years.  When it was first installed and everything was working, the pool and hot tub combo was perfect, for me.  The hot tub was installed about 5-8 feet away and is a little elevated and a couple steps from the patio, but it all works together with the concrete making it all one big space.

    Well, the truth of the matter is that the fiberglass pool had a 20 year warranty and by now, I am sure we have had it about that long, we originally installed in our first house, then dug it out and moved it, which probably forfeited the warranty, but it did work for a few years here.  Anyways, yesterday while driving around, we saw a fiberglass pool being advertised with a website www.aquapools.com.  We had seen and talked to a couple of fiberglass pool companies in New Braunfels, there are like 10 of them along I-35 there, but they all had ridiculous prices, like the regular gunnite pool builders, saying their pools start from the $50,000 range and up.  This website had plenty of pool offers with prices including cement all the way around them, from the low price of $33,999 for their smallest offering all the way to $58,000 and probably more, depending on all the bells and whistles.

    This at least gives me a little hope that if not this year maybe in a year or two we could be digging out our little family pool and upgrading to something that would actually add value to the house.  These pools say they have a lifetime warranty and if we did do it again, I wouldn't be digging it out this time and moving it with us if we happened to decide to move again.  I can't imagine we would consider moving, I do love my house, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment