Saturday, April 24, 2021

4/24/21 Houston Bound For The State Wrestling Meet?

     Yesterday (Thursday) was hectic for a minute, then it was clear sailing the rest of the day.  Baby A had to be on campus at 9:00am as he was traveling with the team, the team being the lone survivor to make it to the state meet, which is the senior that has been his sparring partner all season.  Once I got Mijo to campus, we were then able to move at our own pace, although I did have to shake the bed to wake Wife and get her chubby ass in gear.  She was trying to squeeze every last minute of sleep out of the bed while I was up at 7:00am making sure our boy got ready and going.  

    It was so awesome after discussing with my young genius if he had every thing he needed to which he gave me a short "yeah!"  It all fits in this backpack.  I was a bit pissed because I told him to pack a bigger bag with his clothes and anything he might need and then a backpack with stuff he wants close by, like his phone, video games, back-up battery pack, whatever.  I noticed in the morning some wrestling shoes in his room and told him "are you taking any shoes, just in case?"  his response "no (dumb dad in his voice), I'm not wrestling...."  Fast forward to the road about halfway there and he texts us "ummm, I forgot my shoes, I am going to spar with the senior so I kind of need my wrestling shoes..."  What do you say to that???  All I can muster after a "goddammit dumb dumb, I told you is we'll find an Academy and buy you a pair."  The coach then was in the lobby when we arrived, he was waiting for them to go eat and we told him we'd run and get him a pair of shoes.  He just looked at him and asked "you forgot your shoes?"  All he could say was "maybe."  He told us not to go buy some, he could spar in socks, it would be fine.  I still wanted to swift kick the Knucklehead because he doesn't listen.

    We were then off the hook and it was nice to be free for once.  Our son and the team left as we were checking in, I didn't want to slow them down or rush to catch up and follow them.  We were then free and I headed to the one place I love in Houston, The Galleria Mall.  I like the 2nd floor with all the watch stores in one leg of the mall, but it is very disappointing that Rolex still only had about 4-5 watches in their displays.  We spent a bit looking in the Omega stores, but by the time we got there it was 4:45 and they were closing at 5:00pm.  We had better luck at Panerai where we spent about 30 minutes sitting and trying on a number of watches.  I am debating whether to get one, they tend to make oversized watches which were originally for the Italian military and they are submersible but I think I liked the option of changing the band to change the look of the watch the most and they carry a lot of variety.  The Rolex store was again a dud with maybe a total of 5-6 watches in the cases that at one time easily might have held 100 or more watches.

    We haven't really been feeling like eating fancy meals, so before heading to the room we stopped for subs at Potbelly and ate in our room while we watched some TV, it was nice and we inadvertently were ready for bed by 10:30pm.  I tried fighting it, but even as I tried watching a movie, I fell asleep before I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment