Monday, April 26, 2021

4/27/21 Two Good Purchases This Weekend?

     I know this is dumb, but I still like buying stuff.  On our way to Houston, we stopped at the Buc-ee's in Bastrop for gas and to look around, I mean, you have to.  I walked out with a round cooler and I think it was a steal.  First off, I have been needing to buy three, probably, as that is what they use as seating on my kayaks, but the ones they sell with the Bote label go for $200.  I bought the one I got for $109.  We also got about $100 worth of junk food, but one could say we got it for free by buying the off brand cooler which will be used as the seat on one of the kayaks.  We might find another cooler to work for this, maybe even a square one, but at least the videos all show a round bucket looking cooler for the seat.  It will also work for just a general cooler, if we're doing something outside or we need to carry drinks for some reason.

    The other thing we brought that I really liked was a piece of luggage for Baby A.  He is a knucklehead who doesn't listen too well.  I had told him to pack a bag with his clothes and a backpack with his stuff.  He did not listen, choosing to pack only a backpack and then having us carry extra hoodies because they didn't fit in his bag.  He also forgot to pack his wrestling shoes which was a small problem since he went with the team to spar and help the senior warm-up.  By the time we left Houston, we had bought Mijo another three hoodies, so I wanted a bag he could carry his own stuff in, which we went and found on Saturday afternoon.

    I chose a Victorinox bag because I already have three of them and Boy has 1-2, so I want to keep them all the same.  This boy, having to be different and in his small attempts to fuck with me, ended up choosing a grey bag.  I have to admit his bag looks sharp, we went with a 22" carry on type with wheels on the bottom, if he ever flies, he is set.  It is also the hard shell type versus soft like we have, but I did want it to be his choice somewhat.

    It worked out well, his stuff all fit in perfectly between his backpack and this new bag.  I just need to work on Wife now who insists on using these Vera Bradley grandma looking shitty bags and then always somehow having to expand to 4-5 smaller trash bags on our way out making us look like hobos no matter how hard I try with my expensive bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment