Tuesday, March 2, 2021

3/2/21 Solving Problems One Step At A Time? (part 1 of 2)

     I was really stressing internally with the idea of having to save up to buy Baby A another car that he can use here in a few months when he starts driving.  The truth of the matter, I don't really want him driving because once he does, he'll be taking care of himself going to and from school, so I won't be necessary in his day to day affairs.  This removes a lot of overhead concerns for me, but I do like the time we have coming and going because we get to talk and eat together.  The problem is that he is not like Boy who hesitated until he was 20 to start driving, this one already wants to go on his own.  He hasn't really even started practicing, so he has a long way to go, but I want a back-up car in the driveway anyway.

    After telling Wife I was kind of concerned about the Excursion after the freeze.  It is running fine, but somehow or other, I got the feeling something was up driving home last week Monday and Tuesday night after the freeze.  Nothing is outright wrong, just a little shiver in the wheels as I was coming home.  I kind of even thought I might have a low tire.  I looked at them when I got home, and they were all okay, so it must just be in my head, still, this makes me want to have another car in the driveway, just in case.  Wife seemed to understand and we spent the weekend looking at some options.

    We drove to Bluebonnet Ford on Saturday, it is in New Braunfels and she just thought it would be cool to drive there and then stop at Buc-ee's.  We looked at several Jeeps, which the thought was Boy could end up with a newer Jeep and Baby A could get the Edge.  Boy likes the idea of a newer vehicle, but he's not sure he wants a new longer note.  I decided to forego that idea and just stick to getting a small SUV.  We then looked at several used cars, at Bluebonnet Ford and then Truck City Ford in Buda on the way back.  We had a pretty long conversation with the sales lady there, but they didn't have much selection.  Their best bet was the demo cars, which they had a few to choose from.  I almost liked the 2020 Ford Escape she showed us, with only $4,100 miles for $21,000.  It seemed like a good idea until we got home and looked online.  I found several brand new ones selling for $20,500 or so, which is less than the demo she was advertising.

    I thought Wife had had enough Saturday, after we stopped at Sam's and bought stuff to make some hoagies (fancy word for subs, which is fancy word for sandwiches).  We ate our big hoagies, watched Wandavision and the rest of the night was a blur as I napped in bed while Wife watched crappy TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment