Thursday, March 4, 2021

3/4/21 Another Small SUV For Us?

    I am keeping Boy away from this one, but we just replaced the Ford Ecosport we had bought last summer with a Ford Escape.  Although we bought it Sunday, it did not get delivered until yesterday afternoon, so I really had my first drive on it yesterday dropping off Baby A at practice, and running through my routine of going to work and stuff.  First off, I notice it is bigger than the Ecosport on the inside.  It drives slightly bigger too.  The fun go cart factor does not appear to be there or I need to punch it a bit more.  I remember taking a turn on the Eco, I could make it go 90 degrees on a corner and it seemed to stick and throw you around, that felt fun.  I tried doing that yesterday, going in a little too fast because the light was changing, but it just felt like doing a chubby turn as it went wider than I wanted.  I guess that is good, its ride is more composed, I'm sure Wife will appreciate that.
    I love all the bells and whistles on it.  First thing I did was sync my phone to the stereo, it took a minute to get them to communicate, which got me worried because it is a 2013, the connection would be wonky.  Once it connected, the phone list transferred almost instantly, Spotify works perfectly, and I called Wife and the hands free phone works great.  The sunroof is a "panoramic", so it opens all the way to the back so the rear passengers could get sun on them, if there were any.  I was still looking for flaws in the leather and couldn't even see wrinkles in the driver's seat from 7-8 years of the previous owner.  I did find a piece of paper in the owner's manual with what appears to be an Asian name, no offense, but it is something like Ngie or something.  I imagine a small 100 pound single lady driving it, which is why the interior seems so new.
    One problem I am dealing with is figuring out the door code.  Ford has the ability to unlock the door with a code thing on the driver's door.  Problem is that I looked in the owner's manual for the code and couldn't find it.  I looked underneath where I was able to find it in Boy's Edge, but it was not there for this one.  I saw a Youtube video how to get it through the computer, but I need to go try it.
    Other than that, it seems perfect with it's remote start, paint looks new, tires are fairly new, it has cool shiny rims on it, I even saw a spare tire in the rear, which is good because they were not offering that for a while.  I also found the window sticker in the glove box and brand new this little car sold for $35, 500.  That makes me feel like I got an even better steal, paying only $11,300.
    I was kind of sad when Boy crashed the Ecosport, after I found out he was okay, it did do a great job protecting him, he said airbags deployed from steering wheel, below at his knees and even on the side, I guess so he wouldn't hit the door, Mijo walked away a little bruised but unharmed.  I really enjoyed driving it and I was kind of looking for a twin of that car.  I couldn't find one with AWD, maybe that is what made it turn so firmly around street corners, but that negative experience did lead us to get this car.  I almost feel like it is a mild upgrade.  The Ecosport was a Titanium too, it was also loaded, but the Escape feels bigger and we are not stuck for years with a $300 note.  We paid for it once and we are done.  We just have to decide whether to insure it with full coverage or just liability, we don't have to do as a bank requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment