Friday, March 12, 2021

3/13/21 First Day Of Spring Break, For Me?

     I started my Spring Break basically last night, I went to work, but it was kind f a slow night, so I got home early.  After putzing around for a few hours, I went to bed around 1:30am and got up at 7:00am.  I tried waking Baby A so he could go to his workout session at school but he refused saying he was too sore and beat from the rest of the week.  He has been going to weight lifting classes in the morning and then he does his wrestling practice in the afternoon.  I still decided to get up and come downstairs to drink my morning coffee to start my day.  I was doing well, until around 9:00am, then I got sleep and since I didn't hear any noise coming from upstairs, meaning Wife was still asleep, I laid down on the bed downstairs and napped until 10:30am or so.  At this point I went up to see if Wife was up and she had just showered, and asked if I wanted to go looking at more recliners.  I said sure and jumped in the shower.

    We headed up north and went to Ethan Allen, which was very expensive, a store specializing in leather chairs, also expensive, but I didn't see any heavyweight chairs, then Louis Shanks, this was really expensive and we felt totally out of place with single chairs in the $4000 range.  We then came down to reality and ended up at Ashley's and Rooms To Go which both had decent and good looking leather chairs for about the same price as La Z Boy.  If I buy a chair, I really have to decide between about 3-4 chairs now.  Rooms To Go had one I really liked for around $900 in brown leather and power movement, Ashley's had one that sold for $1249, but then guy got desperate and said he could get me an additional 25% discount, so that gets the chair in leather and power movements for under $1000.  I still really liked the chairs at La-Z-Boy, but they were $1049 in cloth and manual movement, but those chairs did have rocking capability.  I am still trying to figure which one I want, unless I get cheap and forget it.

    After Baby A got out of class, we headed to San Antonio, it was my father in law's birthday, and they were having a seafood dinner which they went all out for.  There were thick chunks of fried fish, hush puppies, seafood gumbo, jambalaya, crab patties (maybe), pasta with shrimp, jumbo fried shrimps and several other dishes.  I am not a big fan of seafood, but their really was a lot of selection.  The only part that sucked was the drive.  We left at 4:30pm or so and didn't get there until after 7:00pm.  We were there until 10:30pm and the drive home was much better with very little traffic.  It was nice to get out of town and it even felt a little normal as Wife said not to worry about the masks, my father in law has had his Covid shots, I guess Wife wasn't as worried about her mom.  Wife has had her two vaccines, I had Covid and Baby A is young, so he should be safe because of the age and he is a pretty healthy athlete.  I know, it can affect anyone blah blah blah, but come on, are we just going to live in fear forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment