Thursday, March 18, 2021

3/18/21 Dammit, Do I Hate Dogs?

     I know I can't win in this country, people love their freaking pets, but I cannot stand a fucking dog.  I have tried my best not to have any and still, it is like I have had one now for about three years.  First off Girlie and her idiot boyfriend had a dog and the dog was kind of great for short periods of time.  I was kind of hesitant to allow it in my house, but I was assured it was a very docile and trained husky that hardly barked.  I guess the training matters, the owner kept him on a very short leash and any unapproved behavior was dealt with swiftly and kind of harsh, but still.  The dog being a husky and apparently an escape artist, so much so that his collar said that was constantly getting out of our property.  My old fence was no match for that dog, he would find any loose or old board and punch right thru.  It always seemed to happen when the owner and Girlie would leave for work.  I fucking had to go find that stupid thing after calls from my neighbors and/or posts on FB in our community.  The dog was not aggressive, but it was still a good sized husky dog.

    After they moved out, DD moved back in, but since the last GF had been a dog person, she got him to adopt a pitbull mix.  I wasn't sure I even wanted to allow him in, but the kid is a good guy and once I met the dog, I was almost okay.  He assured me, like every dog owner in the world does, that his dog is a sweetheart and he is super mellow.  Meeting a pitbull for the first time is a little jarring, the thick bucket head and that smiling face, almost clown like can be menacing, not to mention that they are so solid and muscular compared to my mom's dachshund or chihuahua.  Ghost is a lot of dog, but I guess the fact that he was neutered at a young age made him very docile and again, the owner does not fuck around, when he has barked once or twice in the house, he is met with stern discipline almost instantly.  Still, the dog exudes strength just in coming to say hi.  You have to brace to brace yourself and more than once, he has knocked over both of my boys when he comes running up to them and he bumps into them excitedly.  This dog is also pretty cool, but dogs are like having extra kids that need a lot of attention.

    I was awoken by my neighbor texting me that Ghost got into their yard this morning, the good thing is that they had their dogs inside, but they got all excited and started barking up a storm, waking them up super early.  DD was gone to work by then, I don't think he even realized what the stupid dog had done, he lets him out while he goes and gets ready for work.  I know it isn't the dog's fault, but we have now replaced two of the three sides of fence and we had left some of the old sections leaning against the fence between us and I guess that was hiding a hole the dog managed to get through.  I had been eyeing a loose board I meant to fix, but it was loose on top.  I figured this is the one that had fallen, but it was another part.  Needless to say, I ended up screwing in about ten loose boards and putting a couple of new boards over the place where the hole in the fence was made.  All this, at 6:30am, in the dark, with a flashlight.  Fucking awesome way to start the day.  Dopey Wife just rolls over when I come back in and tells me to come back to bed and sleep some more.  Yeah, great idea once I have been out doing work, lifting fence sections and going thru the garage looking for my drills and bits and working by dim light half expecting to run into a raccoon or snake while moving those ten foot fence sections.  I was all hot and was full of adrenaline or whatever, to the point that it felt hot in the house, it was probably in the low 60s outside while it was 73 inside, so it just felt hot, no way was I going to lay down for another while.

No comments:

Post a Comment