Saturday, March 6, 2021

3/6/21 Somebody Needs To Go Back To School?

     I love having Baby A at home, but recently he has become a pain in the butt.  This week, all of a sudden, he "needs to" go back to working out at 7:30am at school and then get picked up at 9:30am.  This wouldn't be too bad on its own, but then we eat during his lunch break at 12:30, so I have to be at least alert and have a plan for eating around noon.  The day doesn't end there, because then he has wrestling practice at 4:30pm to 6:15pm.  If this was my full time job or I didn't work, it would be fine to keep up with him, as his personal valet, chef, and chauffer.  Truth of it though is that I do have a full time job, and currently I am being pressed pretty good.  I go in about 5:00pm, after I drop him off and drive towards my work.  Boy was helping to pick him up, but they got backed up work too after the freeze, so he has been staying late, so I have to run out of work at 6:00pm and run to get him and since big brother is MIA until who knows what time, I get dinner for the younger one, be it Whataburger, Bill Miller or whatever.

    This works to get me back to work, which I am supposed to be working a ten hour shift nowadays and because of the freeze, we too have had more work than normal, so I have been staying pretty close to my real hours (because of Covid, we kind of have an understanding to get the work that is coming due done and then go home).  After I get home and unwind with a snack, my only other meal is at 12:30pm when I make lunch at home, so I am hungry, I go to bed between 3:00am and 5:00am.  The new day still starts at 7:00am, when I have to get up to wake up Sleeping Beauty, he doesn't seem capable of hearing his alarm which can start ringing at 6:30am right next to his head.  I drop him off, today I stayed awake by drinking coffee and fighting my sleep until 9:15am when I headed to go get him.  We got back home around 9:50am, he wanted some breakfast tacos from Bill Miller, the boy loves that place.  I slept from 10:00am until 12:30.  I had heard the alarm, woke at 11:50, but wanted a little more sleep and then woke when he came down and asked if I was going to cook lunch.  I woke, rushed over to turn on the stove, my pellet grill is having trouble again, I'll fix it eventually, and made us some NY strip steaks with refried beans and cauliflower rice on the side.  We ate around 1:00, then after we finished and I cleaned up, I was able to sleep another while until 4:00pm and I took him back to wrestling practice which this time ended at 5:30pm.

    I hate that all I could do after getting home is lay on the bed and kind of nap, kind of tried to stay awake.  Wife had called that she was on the road at 5:00pm, so I wanted to be ready for her, but this week has just sucked the life out of me.  Oh well, Wife is here all week for Spring Break, maybe she can lighten the load this coming week.  We have a wrestling meet tomorrow at 8:00am, so I slept all day so I can go to bed early, I am pretty sure I am not going to sleep well tonight.  If Mijo was at school, I would just drop him off at 7:30am and pick him up at 6:00pm and not worry about all the stuff in between, but then again, I do love having all that time to interact with Mijo, it would just be nicer if life backed off a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment