Tuesday, March 16, 2021

3/17/21 Vacation Excitement?

     It is hard to believe that it has been over a year that we have been on vacation.  Since Covid-19 started pretty much exactly a year ago, I remember Baby A went on Spring Break and never went back to classes, we have stayed home most of the time.  We have visited my folks a handful of times as well as Wife's people, but we haven't ventured out on a fun destination in the last twelve months.

    I am excited and nervous at the same time.  Wife went back to work Monday and Tuesday and Mijo and I stayed home to take care of some last minute things.  I finally got everything done to get our $800 rebate from the city after installing our new A/Cs in November.  I fixed the signal light on the Excursion, and the grill just a couple hours ago.  Wife got home with a head of steam, as usual.  She had already packed her bag on Sunday night for both going to Work in La Pryor and for vacation.  I wasn't even sure where my luggage was at.  Baby A was busy washing some clothes to take and saving the world on his PS4.  Wife was not having any of that.  Packing makes a trip real, I went in the garage and pulled out some fishing rods, just in case, along with my tackle box and a cooler, I can't believe we don't own a Yeti or one of those clones, but I can't pull the trigger on a $200-$300 cooler that barely holds a six pack.  We have a perfect sized Igloo cooler that probably cost me $20 ten years ago.  It will probably hold a bag of ice and a case of soda cans, we really aren't alcohol drinkers, so sodas it is.

    Along with my fishing gear, I thought about loading the kayaks I bought, but two of them are still in the boxes and the one I opened is pretty heavy to just load in for a "maybe it will get used."  Wife showed me some pics of the coast and there seemed to be thousands of people out on the beaches, if so, I don't think I will really want to hang out there too long and I am not going to go through the trouble of carrying this 100 pound kayak and accessories for ten minutes of use.  I do need to get our folding chairs from the Excursion since I believe we are going in Wife's Telluride.  She is not excited about taking it near sand, but the point of that car is for our family trips, and this is very much our first family trip we are taking since we bought it.  I am almost inclined to take the Escape we just bought, I am really enjoying it, but the Telluride is roomier and actually gives us better gas mileage.

    It does kind of suck that Boy will not be joining us, but at this point, I don't think he would join us even if he hadn't used up all his vacation time covering that week when we had the ice storm.  He will be staying to work and probably spend time with his girl.  It will just be Wife, Baby A, and myself tomorrow.  My folks and sister will show up on Thursday with their RV.  I am excited about the condo we got if it is what it advertises.  There is supposed to be a waterfront canal outside the back, if so, we might just be able to fish right there, or it might stink because of all the fish that died during the snow storm, which I have seen several videos that the coast was hard hit.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment