Sunday, March 21, 2021

3/22/21 Resorting To Rabbit Ears ?

     If there was anything to complain about our condo, it is that we did not have internet.  It is so hard to get by without checking in with the world from time to time.  I love getting up at 7:00-8:00am, before Wife even thinks about even going to the bathroom and just drink my coffee in piece and watch an assortment of videos to catch up with the goings on in the world.  Knowing we weren't going to have internet in the condo was bad enough, but then we discovered that since the freeze, they have had trouble with their cable, so there really was no information coming in to our unit.

    I got smart and figured if the cable did not want to work, I should still be able to hook up some good old fashioned rabbit ears and make that give me some local programming.  It was harder than I thought it would be, HEB had a very small selection but they did have rabbit ears or antennas that connect via coaxial cable.  Once I got that figured out, it took me a bit because the TV only had one button but I figured after playing with it that leaning it to the left or right and up and down did the function of 4-5 buttons.

    Once I got all that squared away, we found a comedy channel and I kind of just left it there, and they ended up playing old 70's show reruns at night, then other old comedies like Home Improvement and Grace Under Fire.  It is not that I like these other shows, 70's Show is one of my all time favorites, but the rest were just meh, but it was something to have on while drinking my coffee and cookies.  I also left the TV on while I fell asleep on the couch, which happened every night.  The sofa was pretty okay, with a reclining option on both ends of the sofa.

    There was another TV in the bedroom and I thought about buying two sets of rabbit ears, they were only $8, but we didn't really watch that much TV, it was only at night and early in the morning and mostly just me.  Wife just always seems to be busy cleaning up after us and Baby A was content to lay in his room playing on his phone.  These phones really do it all today, I even contemplated turning Wife's into a hotspot to get internet capability, but I don't want to start messing with the payment we pay monthly.

    As Wife said, it was good for us to disconnect for a couple days, I was a little bothered because I like to stay on top of my blogs and whatever daily news is out, but I have to admit that at a certain point, I wasn't thinking I needed any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment