Saturday, March 20, 2021

3/21/21 Vacation Was What It Is Supposed To Be? (part 3 of 3)

     I was a little slower to get up Friday, I think I got up at 9:00am, drank my coffee and waited for the day to begin.  While perusing one of the local ad magazine thingies, I saw a boat show out on Padre Balli Park, which is where Bob Hall Pier is at.  This is where we always go to go to the beach.  My mom called and asked what the plans were for the day, I had asked Wife if it was cool to go check out the boats at the show for a little while and she said sure, if parking and entry is free, so I told my mom that I wanted to check this out.  She seemed agreeable on the phone.

    We went and got them, but of course before doing anything, we had to go eat lunch.  We agreed on the Mexican Restaurant again, it is pretty good and the prices are fair.  We ate, then we headed out to the boat show.  My brother is not into anything I am into, and he expressed it, deciding to stay in the car.  My mom used to be adventurous and I thought she might find the idea of a boat show interesting, I don't know why, also decided to stay in the car.  I then promised I would be quick, just a quick glimpse at what they had and possibly how much these boats are selling for.  The prices were astronomical, and the smallest boat I saw was in the 21foot range, which is too long to fit in my garage.  These boats were also very costly, the cheapest price I saw was $48,000 and the priciest was $179,000.  It did not take long to feel like this was not the boat show I was hoping for.  I would have liked to see some smaller bay boats, maybe some of these micro boats I see online.  I want something sturdy for 1-3 people that will be under 18 feet to fit in the garage.

    This is where it got a little interesting, my mom had told me to "take your dad fishing, maybe he'll relax."  I wanted time to do that too, so after we left there we stopped at the souvenir shops and while they were inside looking, I sat outside with my dad talking and thought I could get more shrimp at the gas station next door and we could just fish in the canal at our condo.  My thought is that my mom and brother could either hang out with us or wait in the condo, drinking coffee or whatever else.  My brother then came out suggesting he wanted to go to a bookstore, which is fine, but I had just bought stinky shrimp and mullet, I can't just go and park outside the bookstore for an hour and chill, the Telluride would get stinky.  I then suggested I could take him to get my folk's truck and he could drive himself to the bookstore, he has a driver's license.  My mom decided she needed to go with him, so we dropped the two of them off and we headed back to our condo with my dad.  We actually had a great time with dad, we had the pier to ourselves, he got to sit on a bench right by the water and he caught two fish which got him all excited, a small perch, and a croaker that was a little bigger.  We fished for over an hour, even Baby A went out and he was being goofy naming a small crab bait Merlin and telling us how he was going to catch something magical, only to see Merlin gutted and only the shell returned to him.

    After this, we got back with my mom and brother and went to eat at Outback, which was a mistake.  Outback is great, but it shouldn't take two hours of waiting (they sold the wait with "it'll only be 40-50 minutes").  I said screw it, we were in the car, I leaned back and napped for a good hour.  When we finally got our food, my steak was charred, lifeless, and lukewarm.  Wife had the same problem.  Mijo was all excited, I let him order the steak and lobster plate, but the lobster was barely two bites worth of meat and the filet mignon looked like a piece of hamburger patty.  I complained when the server asked how our meal was (I would never call the manager to complain, but if you ask me, I won't lie and just say it was great if it sucked), he then said he would call the manager, I told him "y'all are a steak restaurant, we shouldn't be excited because you got the sides just right.  Wife was halfway through her meal and still waiting on the ribs, her sirloin, ordered medium rare, was blackened and dry on both sides.  We did at least get 50% off our meal, so I guess bitching can help, but we got there around 7:00, the sun was still up and we didn't leave until 11:00pm.  Four hours for a burned steak meal is not a great evening.  We dropped off our parents and went home.

    We had a problem with some jack-off parking in one of our two parking spots, but parking so far over he made it very hard for me to park our car in the other spot.  I would have been fine with this asshole taking one of the spots, I never saw who it was, but he parked so badly, I had a hard time parking my vehicle.  The security guy tried helping me find another spot, but they were pretty full.  The have notices of "towing enforced", but the security guy says they won't really do it, unless approved by management, I guess they fear being sued.  I managed to park and it was fine, this wasn't the fault of the condo, just an asshole being and asshole.

Who does this?  Steal the spot, but leave the other one open, Jackass.



No comments:

Post a Comment