Monday, September 7, 2020

9/7/20 Jealous Boy, Who Knew? (part 2 of 2)

     One incident alone wouldn't make me think Javalina was a jealous kid, but just the previous week we were driving around and Wife and I were discussing some friends or maybe it was the latest guy that passed away in Crystal City who happened to have been Wife's sister's BF in high school.  I was then poking at the boy about what if I kept in contact with my exes and I was all in a rush to go to Crystal for their funerals and stuff.  Ooh, he did not like that.  The little shitter started telling me "No Dad, I wouldn't be cool with that shit!"  "You're a married man, cut it out."  He concluded with a little threat of "if you wronged mom, I would have to kick your ass."  At this point, I was having fun with him and adding to it, like "come on, Dude, I can't have a little side piece?  All the cool men have a little something on the side..."  He was not smiling at all, which made it funnier to us.

    Wife is really one of a kind in that she does not have a jealous bone in her body.  Even the women in my family would all get exasperated with her, specially a few years ago when we had get togethers and all sorts of women (well, the moms of Boy's friends) came over to the house.  My mom was sure we would end up divorced and I would "poke the bear even more by adding salacious details which would enrage my sister too."  Wife would just laugh along with me, I mean Wife was always around, it's not like these ladies came to see me.

    Boy is like his mom, apparently.  Even Sweetie was saying this as we were telling her about Javalina's fit in the car at Taco Bell.  She said the Boy does not react like normal at all.  She says that when she tells him about guys offering to take her lunch Boy is all like "that is good Sweetie, that saves you money."  Even that makes me want to hit him upside the head, but that is his way.  He trusts and I guess it works for him.  I would be threatening her, if I had the energy I had back in high school when I was more of a mess and full of testosterone.

    Nowadays, I am more like him.  "Ehh, do what you want, just leave me alone..." is how I feel most of the time.  I love Wife of course, but I am not going to be chasing after anyone, who has that energy in their late forties?  Good thing Wife is not interested in any of that, I mean she did hit the lottery when she got me, why would she look elsewhere?  I kid, but not really.  It'll be interesting to see Javalina when he starts actually dating which is weird because neither his friends or him seem interested in taking girls out.  I don't know if that is a new trend or what.  He is a good looking kid, I know it's just a matter of time before all that starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment