Saturday, September 5, 2020

9/5/20 Where's My Pumpkin Spiced Latte?

     Just like that, I guess, summer is over.  Wow, I know it probably is not the case, but for the last two or three days it has been raining and drizzly here in Austin and we finally stopped topping out in the 100's.  This summer, not only has sucked because of Covid-19, but it was the first or 2nd most 100 degree days in a row too.  Unfortunately for my folks, I kept checking in with my mom and south Texas has not had our luck, they are still in the heat.  Oh well, I am enjoying the nicer weather.  To add tot he fun, mid week should have our first strong cold front of the season and it should drop temperatures possibly into the 50's, which would be awesome and allow me to open the windows to air out the house.

    Wife had been putting a light amount of pressure the last few weekends to start decorating the house for Halloween.  It is our favorite holiday, and generally, I like to cover the house in Halloween themed stuff.  We don't really have parties anymore like we used to, but I enjoy decorating as it indicates the change of seasons and to me, it tells me I can save some money by turning off that air conditioner and its huge bill.  Today finally felt right.  I took out about 6-7 bins from the closet in the upstairs guest room and went to town.  I hung up lights and all sorts of posters and signs on the walls and a bunch of scary creatures, like witches and Frankenstein looking characters.  I couldn't find all my light strings, and I just bought new LED ones two years ago.  Well, Wife showed up and was so excited seeing what I was doing, she was all "let's go to the store and get some new ones."  I hate looking and looking, so I just agreed to go and get some.

    Now I can say that the house matches the weather, it is mostly ready for Halloween, whether we get to celebrate it or not, and I can sit back and enjoy the decorations for about two months.  It is also Labor Day weekend and since we can't really go anywhere, I already went and got more pellets to spend the weekend smoking things in my grill.  I think we will be doing some ribs tomorrow, and maybe some shish kabobs on Sunday, we will see.  Our only other plans are to sit back and watch the rest of the Cobra Kai series which we got into the 2nd season last weekend.

    Knowing how much of a jerk 2020 has been, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the year we finally get two or three feet of snow here, just to add to the craziness.  Shit, there are three more months plus the rest of September, I think there is still time for another couple crazy stories.  Shit, Air Force pilots saw what can only be identified as a UFO and it didn't even make headlines, just to show how crazy this year has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment