Sunday, September 13, 2020

9/13/20 Burdened With Anxiety? (part 1 of 2)

     I had a pretty great discussion with Sweetie yesterday (Wednesday) just by chance.  I was fixing to go into work early, it was maybe 2:30pm, so it seemed a little too early so I sat down to check a couple things on my laptop in the kitchen.  She came down to make some tea or whatever she was drinking that required hot water on the stove.  We were discussing just general topics and I went on about DD and the fact that he doesn't do much for his dog, which is identical to the crappy behavior Girlie's BF had with their dog.  Both of these dogs coming into the house, the owners swore "no, I walk him every day, he really likes to go for a run."  I have yet to see DD take this poor dog for 1 walk or to a dog park.  Girlie's dude was the same, I think in the 6 months they lived here, maybe he took him for 1 walk, that I observed.

    After another instance of me going off about another topic in the same vein, Sweetie asked me if I carried the burden of anxiety from situations that weren't mine?  Honestly, I might be phrasing it wrong and it was the first time I have ever been asked something like that.  I wasn't sure if she was trying to insult me or imply to mind my own business, so I had her clarify what she meant, that I had no idea what she was talking about.  Then she said that she was reading a book about anxiety and that a lot of people have anxiety and it comes from wanting to be in control of too many aspects of their lives, if I understood what she said.  I told her no, I am not trying to control anyone but as the adult in the house, I do feel an obligation to speak up when I see something I don't like that could be improved.  

    For example, I don't like dogs, but if you bring one into my life, I don't want to see it ignored or treated improperly.  The dog, being in its pen for what seems like 20 hours a day is not living its best life.  I have to ask "why do you have a dog if it spends most of its time locked up?"  Believe me, we have taken to trying to take him outside because DD works long hours, but then the freaking dog escapes out of the fence.  I don't think it will go and bite anyone, but that is the last thing I need to worry about.  After the 4th time of the dog escaping out of the backyard and I keep screwing the fence where slats fall off, I give up.  The stupid dog doesn't appreciate the effort we try, so he can wait for his owner.  So yes, I worry about DD's behavior, he is a good guy, he just works long hours out in the heat doing manual labor, I am sure when he gets home he just wants to chill inside in the AC.

    Like I told Sweetie though, it is a fine line between me suggesting he walk the dog more to burn off that extra energy he has as his friend/landlord versus if he was my kid I wouldn't hesitate to tell Boy or Javalina "hey, fucking idiot, you wanted a dog, get your ass outside and walk the poor thing, it needs exercise and it is your responsibility."  These are just things I notice and try to speak up to make the people around me better.  Then I had to say it is the same when we went round and round about a woman can't be out jogging at night, she risks being assaulted in a much greater percentage, not to drag up that conversation.

Con't tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment