Tuesday, October 31, 2017

11/1/17 Halloween Fun?

    Another Halloween has passed us by and with that we enter the Holiday season which means we'll be looking at the new year before too long.  This Halloween in particular sucked.  I almost wish it could move around and be like the last Saturday or Friday of the month.  First, it was on a Tuesday which makes it hard to do anything if you have kids.  I know the cool kids are still walking in circles all whored out on 6th Street right now, but we are old and have responsibilities.  Another negative this year was that it drizzled which slowly turned to rain.  The young kids made it around the neighborhood in time, if they got going by 6:00pm, but some trying to walk around at 8:00pm were getting soaked.
    Our old friends came by, as usual, Girlie's mom and that whole group, but it gets harder and harder to be friendly when we only see them every big holiday or whatever.  It is almost like how do you stomp out a dying friendship already?  Either you're in and start showing up, texting, calling, being more involved with us, or fuck along.  I have never liked cosmetic friends, if we're just going to see you on the holidays, then why?  Y'all live 3-4 miles away.
    It was weird that my folks were here in the morning, it being just a random Tuesday, I stopped and got them some donuts, even though they are diabetic, they love starting their day with coffee and something sweet.  I sat with them for about an hour before heading off to sleep.  It would be nice when my mom retires if they hung around like that, it seems we only see them around events.  Wife then showed up around 1:30pm and I felt like she hovered over me as I slept.  I then got up at 4:00pm, she went and picked up Chubs and when she got back I was showered and we went to Target to get some candies to give away.  We ate a personal pan pizza there as a quickie lunch, and sure enough by the time we got home, around 5:30, we had our first trick or treaters.
    We usually have grilled in the past and had mixed drinks and stuff, but it all felt rushed and weird as we were mostly just the four of us.  Instead of making a big deal, we heated up some chicken wings from a bag, some frozen corndogs, and other frozen foods.  With all the candies we were poking at, neither of us was really hungry.  Wife and Javelina sat and watched episodes of the Simpsons Halloween editions while I ran upstairs and took my nap before heading in to work.  I woke around 9:40, hated getting out of bed for about ten minutes, the weather was so perfect for staying in, then I got my butt to work by 10:00-10:1030.

No comments:

Post a Comment