Sunday, October 29, 2017

10/30/17 BBQ Some Cow?

    The last few weeks have been rough on us.  We had been running back and forth with Wife staying or coming back home.  Even as we tried to decide, we have been so financially short we hadn't bought some good steak in a while.  It being payday on Friday, I started telling Wife I am going to grill on Friday, I am really in the mood for some beef, I mean  some succulent fat steaks.
    The grill Wife bought for my birthday has turned out to be pretty good, it has a lot more room to put meat on it and whatever else.  It being a tube though, the fire is closer than I would like underneath, but so far that has not been an issue.  It is really easy to get it clean and going.  The ash stays in a pocket that pulls out the length of the grill, so it doesn't matter where the charcoal is started, the ash will collect in this metal tunnel and then it is just a quick and easy pull out, dump in the trash can and slide it back in.  New charcoal is then set up as compact as possible and follow this with lighter fluid and a match or two.  I like to wait about fifteen minutes for the charcoal to all be burning.  This is about as long as it takes to come inside and prepare the meat and stuff.
    Stuff today was baked potatoes.  We bought this giant bag of oversized potatoes and then had a hard time choosing smaller potatoes in the bag.  One of them was as big as a softball, which I told the wife, no thank you.  We usually just wash and wrap in foil, but this time she wanted to smother them in olive oil and pour salt on the outside.  Not sure of that had an effect on them, but they were so soft and smooth to eat.  The meat was some super thick slabs of sirloin, and some super thick slabs of pork loin, and then a couple Ehkrich Sausages.
    I was surprised that I started the grill at 6:00pm and we were done eating by 8:15pm or so.  The steaks were great, I am not sure we needed the other meats, but they didn't hurt anything.  I wanted to eat the steak on a fork to just taste meat, the pork and sausage, we had in tortillas, taco style.  I am guessing Wife washed the dishes as I went into my meat coma, I got up after looking at a couple of youtube videos and everything was washed and cleaned.
    Wife went upstairs to shower, Boy took the trashcan out to the street, Chubs took trash out to it, and then Boy said I am not "heavy enough to push down the trash to close the door, you need to go with your special abilities."  I just smiled and said "you need 400 pounds of pressure on the trash?"  He said I could get Chubs to try, I said no "that's 200 pounds but he's too short to push trash and not touch dirty can.  I took the container for the leftovers from a cake they took for Wife's going away/ glad you're staying party and crushed it down along with everything else to get the top closed.  The night ended nice and quiet like.  Wife is probably asleep, I am writing this on the kitchen table at about 1:15am to 1:50am.  I still have Chub's polo shirts to iron, but I might just leave those for Wife since she is off tomorrow and should have time.  She stayed to watch Chub's last football game tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment