Friday, October 20, 2017

10/20/17 Wife Couldn't Have Timed Coming Back Better?

    As I was saying, my little silver back gorilla is starting to lash out like a teenager likes to do.  Acting like he knows shit, just because he has finally mastered the art of wiping his ass.  Several things are entirely his fault, yet I don't think he wants to accept them that way.
    For example, his headache this past week, which caused him to go home and miss practice and thus lose his position on the offensive line is most probably because he decided against my strong opinion to stay up Sunday night last week until at least 5:00am.  Monday was a holiday, and so he did not have to go to bed at 10:00pm as is more or less his bedtime nowadays.  He starts arguing if he can stay up a little longer every time and since I am at work, I don't really want to waste my energy arguing, I just tell him he better be asleep when I get home for lunch.  I have heard him multiple times do the ooh and jump into bed before I walk upstairs, a ninja he is not, you can hear big boy moving around.  Back to the problem, since he stayed up until 5:00am, he slept like I sleep until around 3:00 pm, then of course Monday night he finds that he can't sleep, goes to school tired and headache creeps in.  I didn't believe he would loose his position or I would've told him to man up.  He has to live with his consequences.
    Another example he is going to be a pain in the ass without Mama constantly kicking his ass.  We went to the mall two weekends ago to get him an outfit as required for the concert tonight (Thursday).  I decided I wanted him to have a nice black pair of shoes, at size 13, I may end up using them.  We also got him a black shirt and even a black tie.  When it came to the pants, he put his foot down, for starters, he hates shopping, and he said he already had some pants at home.  I remembered buying him some pants, but I wasn't sure on the colors.  He swore he had the black ones he needed.  Fast forward to Tuesday when he tells us on game day, yeah, I need those pants after all, my bad.  Of course, this makes Wednesday afternoon much more hectic than it had to be, but we found him some pants and even a new black belt.  Is there anything more annoying than a 12 year old saying I know to everything as you're lecturing him, grrrr, I could choke him sometimes.
    Mama don't play games, once she is back, he will be going to bed at 9:30pm because she used to do that with Boy and Boy was much better at handling the mornings.  Having her around will eliminate a lot of these shenanigans where we take his word.  He's an idiot right now, he can't keep track of his socks, and I expect him to know what is in his closet?  My better half will have those boys back on a schedule and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment