Monday, October 23, 2017

10/24/17 Paredes Pumas Vs. Bedichek Bobcats?

    Well, the boys stole one last week in exciting fashion, this week they gave the game away in the same fashion.  Instead of showing up late as I have been, I was there an hour early, so what did I do?  I was able to find a shady spot and took a nap before the school bus even showed up.  This is the last week I will be bumping around lost without my better half in town to guide me and push me.  I will be bitching and moaning that maybe she should have stayed down there, but I need my Vicky to make the days more interesting.
    Anyways, the game started at maybe 6:15pm, and the stadium is designed to give maximum shade, so by kickoff, only the endzones are in the sun.  I love the cool air, sitting out there, watching those kids give their best effort.  They may be a little clumsy and slow, but at least my Chubs comes off the field pissed off and disgusted when they lose, so I know he is trying his best, and that is all I ask.  On a side note, he was back on the starting line, but now he is playing left tackle which he doesn't like because he is lining up against defensive ends who are smaller, quicker and not interested in colliding big boy style, they want to get after the ball.  Chubs just wants to smash shoulder pads and win the 1 on 1 battle which doesn't happen on the outside.
    The game started out great for the Bobcats, they stopped their first drive, got the ball and on a third down ran it in from about 30 yards out.  They missed the 2-pt conversion.  They stopped them on the next drive and managed to score a second time putting them up 12-0 before the half, but again missed the 2-pt conversion.  Paredes eventually scored before the half also missing their 2-pt conversion, so at the half the score was 12-6.  Bedichek came out and scored again dominantly running, I don't think they managed 1 complete pass, but who cares, they went up 18-6, but for a third time missed the 2-pt conversion (you know this is going to bite them in the ass).  Paredes managed to score a second time in the third quarter and did complete the 2-pt conversion, so they were down 18-14.  Somehow, Paredes came out acting like a passing team, passing on most plays and those little receivers were catching everything.  With two minutes left, Paredes scored a third touchdown, taking them up 20-18.
    Bedichek had a chance, they ran the ball back to the 40 yard line, a couple of sweeps around either side and they were down to the 9 yard line with 30 seconds left.  It was first and goal and enough time to run 2 or 3 plays with their timeouts still to use.  The worse thing that can happen, happened.  The runner lost the ball at about the two yard line and that was that.  You never know how a game will turn out.  Last week, they were outplayed yet won.  This week, they seemed to be outplaying Paredes most of the game, but they never gave up and took the game from our boys.  Oh well, they shall fight another week for the last time. 
    I do want to say the coaches have done a lot of good work, Chubs is a lot more confidant, the guys call him Javelina, a little nickname he got because he went to school with Wife down in our hometown for a couple weeks and the coach is from our rival city, Carrizo Springs.  He has become this kid that isn't afraid of a little smackdown, telling us they were going head to head in the dressing rooms lineman versus lineman for King Bull status.  The only negative is he wants to push on me every chance he gets.  We can be at Target and he starts "come on Dad, push me." or I'm going to push you Dad, stop me."  Ughhh, I may weigh twice than his little fat butt, but that don't stop him, he comes at me low, like he's been taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment