Friday, October 6, 2017

10/7/17 Am I Sexist or Realist?

    Let's start this off as an experiment.  Suppose we have a male and a female in their early 20's living as tenants in the same household.  For the purpose of the experiment, let's suppose their respective families died in a head on collision with each other, or they just cannot go back to live with them.  Maybe they just don't want them back, because they are pains in the asses.  If they say that what they are paying me is what they can afford and I've looked through their finances and agreed, should they be treated equally?
    I say no.  I say the male can do whatever he wants.  He can screw whoever whenever he wants, he knows that if he does manage to get one of his conquests pregnant, it will be up to him to do the right thing and get married or in a worst case scenario, at least be responsible for paying some child support.  It sucks that that is the society we live in, but nobody is courting anymore in the traditional sense and getting married after dating a few years.  Maybe it still happens, but it seems like a weird proposition.
    The female may want the same freedoms as the male, but I maintain that things are not the same.  With the female part, the homeowner must choose to be a dick in the here and now or have to decide to be a dick in the near future.  My reasoning is that IF the girl starts being routinely active and ends up pregnant with an Idiot, said Idiot has the same choice as my male above.  He can do the right thing and marry her, taking her off the hands of the landlord or if cowardice prevails, the Landlord will have to accept the girl and the child as a package while the Idiot makes vague promises to help pay for stuff.  Knowing she cannot afford more in rent, there is no possible way of asking for more in rent without adding more stress to the girl's immediate future.  The landlord can choose to kick her out, making himself a bit of an asshole, but also he has no responsibility for a new child he didn't create.
    My folks bring up the whole the male is disrespecting your house by bringing in random females.  They don't bother me, we don't have impressionable daughters, Chubs is almost 13, he has the internet, he knows people hump, I hope he does, or he is a dope.  Girlie has not had a boyfriend in a year but has started making waves that it is not fair she can't have company over.  I say "yeah, it's not fair, but nobody is humping you in my house."  You want to be a big girl, move out, pay real rent and bills, then you can do whatever with whoever.
    I certainly am not keeping anyone hostage, feel free to go get your privacy and independence any time you think you're ready.  I have very few rules, I think I am very lenient, but Idiot boys is not something I accept.  Fortunately, it is my house, so I get to be the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment