Tuesday, October 10, 2017

10/10/17 Seriously, How Are People Buying Vehicles?

    I got kind of a scare this weekend, as I wrote earlier, my Excursion left us stranded twice in one day.  I hated the thought of getting rid of it, but between confidence in a vehicle and vehicle loyalty, fuck that.  I'm not getting stranded for a name brand.  Turns out it was the alternator that went bad, but the battery was at least three years old, I figured it was about time to change it.  While I was putzing around feeling like a freaking loser because I had no vehicle to claim, Wife and I went to walk around the car lot at Ford.  I saw some cars that on the internet sounded almost good, but in reality, were a tad ehh.
    I really liked a 2014 Ford Taurus, with 59,000 miles.  I didn't like the mileage on it and then when I opened it, it smelled like someone had been in it for 60,000 miles.  There was no new car to it, which was a shame.  The price seemed too good to be true.  Right now, we also have to be weary of cars that got flooded in the coastal areas, so it is not a great time to be buying used cars.  I still like the idea of a good deal, so I have been trying my luck with used cars.  The 2010 brown F250 I bought in 2012 was a great deal, I loved that truck, unfortunately, Boy!  His Jeep was kind of a dud, but I expected it to be, sometimes I like him to learn a lesson by my wallet taking a hit.  We did trade it in for the 2014 Edge he has been driving since last year and although he is a wet douche in that he will only say "ehh, it's more roomy than the Jeep, he didn't like the rough ride of the Jeep, A-hole.  I don't feel he has thanked me enough for getting him into a much better vehicle, but what are you gonna do?
    Just thinking of the vehicles I want, big trucks, the new ones head all the way into MSRP's of $76,000.  What are they smoking?  I still managed to drive one off the lot for $53,000 or so last time.  That truck was loaded and beautiful, but it was gas, not diesel, which helped lower the price.  I was scared the best I was going to be able to do if I had to buy something is drive off the lot with a Ford Focus.  They might be fine cars, but they sit so low to the ground, I am going to bust my knees getting in and out of something that small.  I do like Wife's Kia Soul, but my head hits on the door frame each time I get in, fat don't fold!  Same thing with Boy's Edge, plus I have the embarrassing joy that the driver's seatbelt must have shrunk in the wash because it is snug, contemplating getting a seatbelt extender if I ever take it for my vehicle.
    I was ecstatic when Ford called that it was just the alternator, although the dry rape of $540 was not pleasant, they at least threw in a two year warranty.  I know everyone said it's the alternator, even my Mom who I doubt has ever looked in the engine bay, but I am not going to develop a habit of replacing parts and getting stranded on the side of the highway.  Now I have someone to yell at if it happens again within the next few days.  Twice in one day was really irritating, and I could only blame myself.

2 comments:

  1. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.ยางปูพื้นรถยนต์

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate, I write like I speak, simple and truthfully.

    ReplyDelete