Wednesday, August 30, 2017

8/30/17 Year On The Run?

    I said summer was over a week or two, but now it feels like school is in session, finally.  Boy finally went to classes and because of that, came home and was asleep by the time I came home for lunch.  It sounds weird but I love that feeling.  The quiet house is what I consider normal and the summer is never quiet, with both boys staying up usually until 4-5am, and the renters running around at all hours.  Even Girlie started classes this week, so she was hard asleep last night when I got home.  The house felt abandoned, compared to the night before.  Only Dirty Dog is left to run amok at night.  He has had a new friend who refuses to call herself his girl, but she's been staying over more often than not.  This has at least slowed him down from being out on the hunt.
    In anticipation of the cooler weather and my leg finally healed, I started getting the hot tub cleaned.  I miss just sitting out there, even if we are just talking and enjoying the cool night air.  It is still a bit muggy, but it can't last much longer.  Or maybe this hurricane just has me believing stuff I shouldn't be thinking.  Because of it, we don't have any scheduled 100 degree days, so that is awesome.
    I titled this year on the run because it is almost September and that means Halloween is around the corner.  We usually start decorating in September since we do such a big effort for the holiday.  I don't know what to think about Chub's fall semester yet.  He has been busier than ever with after school football and now they announced band practice in the mornings and after school as well.  He dressed out in shoulder pads yesterday and I knew he would look different, but damn it.  I was about 5 yards from him before I identified him as Mijo.  He looks about 6 feet tall and as thick as a Mack Truck.  If he has an engine, he is going to be scary coming at you full speed, all 235 pounds of beef.
    Since my folks are done hanging out on the coast, they will be making their first trip up to Austin since the Spring.  My sister is supposed to be coming with her family as well.  It should be interesting, just hoping everyone gets along.  Boy will not be here though as this weekend is San Japan or something like that.  He has a comic conference in San Antonio that they've been planning since the start of the year.  I just double checked, the Longhorns start football this weekend, if anything, they better be on that shitty Longhorn Network, it isn't good for much else.  I hope the new coach is able to bring back some magic.  I liked Coach Strong, but he could not make them win the big games.

No comments:

Post a Comment