Saturday, August 19, 2017

8/19/17 Do Men Do Facials?

    This is a weird one and it is one I honestly don't know the answer to automatically.  Is it ok for men to sit huddled together doing facials or is this still a woman's domain?  My first thought on this is I am sure my dad never even heard of this, for men.  It used to be men didn't really participate inside the house.  I say this from my own experiences growing up.  If we went with my dad to visit his brothers on any given day, they would be outside and probably drinking.  All the men on my dad's side probably had a form of ADD because they couldn't sit still for even a football game.  The one thing they would come inside for was a good boxing match, oh and in the 70's, a lot of wrestling, such as the Von Erichs or the Junkyard Dog, or even Hulk Hogan.
    I am no expert in traditional men activities, but as you can see, I didn't grow up in an era where men took care of their skin via fancy chemical peels.  we were told wash your face once or twice a day, depending on how dirty you got.  It was the same on my mom's side of the family.  I don't recall men folk worried about pimples or even hairy eyebrows.
    Does it hurt anyone, if men decide they are going to get a facial?  I don't know the answer but what you have is then a population full of androgynous faces where you aren't 100% sure if you are talking to men or women sometimes.  I guess that doesn't matter, but I am not into spending time on my looks.  There are better things to do than become obsessed about my pore size on my forehead, or I have a black head forming on my nose, or maybe I'll dab a little foundation to hide that oncoming pimple.  I love the effort women can put into their looks, but ultimately it's a whole package we are looking at, believe me, if the ass is fine, we don't even notice your face.  Who gives a shit about a perfect looking face on a 400 pound hunk of married man anyway?
    This is a thought after Boy's friends were kind of fucking with me about I should hang out more with them.  I was like why?  You all are Boy's friends, I don't want to step into that.  He wouldn't like it if you showed up and I was like "nah, they're here for me, not you."  I know how Boy thinks, he is as territorial as me.  Those are his friends, he doesn't want to share them.  The girl was insistent with "come on, we could get facials..." I was like whoa, but that shit is for chicks."  To which I was then on trial with "is your masculinity so delicate that a facial will redefine what you stand for?" (or something like that).  I wasn't expecting this much attention coming my way, I just saw they had some different cookies and they were in the kitchen, so I had to see what those cookies were about.
    A facial does not define me or whatever, I am just not into that kind of stuff for me.  Wife doesn't take the time to spoil herself with shit like that, why am I?  And I love these kids as friends for Boy, they have the same interests and Boy clearly has a good time with them.  I don't do anything to get in their way of the fun they have.  They can get together at our house every weekend, we can help him pay for hotels when they go out of town to whatever comic conventions or whatever.  But, let's be clear, I am not Boy, I don't enjoy Japanese cartoons, hanging out with more guys than girls, I could care less about video games (even though I have spent a fortune on them, for my boys), or even playing board games. 
    Seriously, if you want to be my buddy, eventually I'm gonna want to sit you on my lap, so you can tell Santa what you want, and Santa can get excited about eating your cookie.  I was minding my own business, much like the snake out in the desert, you drove out of your way in your fancy Jeep, got off and looked for me hiding under a rock, took off your boots to get comfortable, found a stick and decided to come poke at the snake, don't cry now that you got venom all on your pretty thighs.  What did you expect, the snake would just hug you?  Life is not a cartoon (I'm sorry, anime), now run and play.  Shoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment