Wednesday, August 23, 2017

8/23/17 Grrr To The Start Of School?

    I love the summer in that I don't have to rush or get up in the morning to take Chubs anywhere.  Well, we started with a bang this week.  It sucks that the start of school lined up with Boy's first day.  We grilled the night before and because my house is infested with twenty somethings, they suggested drinks.  I never say no to a good time, so drinks and BBQ were enjoyed, but it was hard to get up and be responsible dad in the morning.  I managed alright Monday morning, got him to school on time and everything.  Tuesday morning I was still raw from staying up too late writing the blog when I don't have a good idea to write about.
    To top it off, we left the house and Chubs says, "oops, I forgot my saxophone, can we go back home?"  It's not that I mind, we had plenty of time, it's making that left turn against heavy traffic.  There is a high school less than a block that holds like 3500 students, traffic can be a pain.  Either way, life is hard without Wife during the week.  Waah!
    Because I was screwing around yesterday, I forgot to go get my testosterone shot, so I went today after I picked up Chubs.  He had mentioned he needed a physical for football.  I told him,"well guess what?  We can do it at the same place I will be going to."  He fought like a fish on a hook.  He did not want to sit in the clinic with me.  His plan was to get home and be a lazy brown turd on his bed.  I told him summer is over, time to be productive.
    Eventually, he was seen, after we filled out half an hours worth of forms and BS.  The physical consisted of checking his eyes, his leg strength, getting tickled in his stomach (it seemed that way).  Between the PA and the nurse, they asked him 100 questions, but I didn't see either check his gonads.  Wife asked if they checked his blood, I said no.  Did they do this?  No.  Did they do that?  No.  Woman!, they did a physical, I don't know!  I know they didn't jingle jangle his balls.  He got paperwork and he's supposed to be good to go.
    I was there until after 6:00pm and didn't get home until almost 7:00pm.  It is usually no big deal about when I get to work, but I don't like being late.  I guess the gist of my complaining is that the kids are back to being the center of my universe without Wife here to absorb the BS.  Now if it would at least cool down a bit, get rid of this heat now that we are approaching the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment