Wednesday, August 16, 2017

8/16/17 Why Am I Sabotaging My Own Diet?

    I am supposed to be on a diet now that I started getting the testosterone shots and thyroid medicine.  The first week it seemed ridiculously easy, I started walking and eating less than I had been and in one week I lost 11 pounds.  I thought I'll be down in the 290s by the end of the year (from a high of 416 pounds).  The next week I was cocky and lost a decent 3 pounds.  That was followed by two pounds and this past week I didn't lose any weight.  I would be pissed, but at least I was able to go in one more hole on my belt, so that must mean something.
    I am pissed about my forearm on my right arm.  I am not sure what is going on, but suddenly it hurts whenever I do a rotation of the arm.  If I slow down, I can use the arm, Saturday at Lowe's I was able to get a toilet from the shelves and lift it by myself onto the cart and then onto the back of the Excursion and even upstairs to the second floor.  The arm is not broken and a friend was telling me about another guy who ripped his bicep at the elbow.  That sounds horrible, but I don't think I did something that bad.  I was going light on the weights, so I can't say what hurt me, but even if I could bench press, I don't want to get under some weight and then get stuck with a gimpy arm.
    It sucks, but at this point, I am only walking on the days that I work, unless you count walking at the mall on my days off as exercise, I guess old people count it, but dammit, I am not old!!  The testosterone is helping, I feel like a new man.  I honestly was having trouble getting in the mood even, now I am back to normal where I am constantly thinking about some scenario in which I could accidentally have sex wherever I am at, so I feel like a twenty something again.
    I have been tempted to walk the neighborhood on my days off, but it is so freaking hot, that I can't manage actually leaving the A/C.  I see all these dedicated folks out there on 1st Street running back and forth and I wish I had that drive, but I can't yet.  I really hope one day I can be one of them.  Another idea would be biking, I used to do a bunch of it, but my only time to do it would be on the weekends and Wife doesn't want to, specially now that she started driving back and forth for work.  Maybe it is something I am going to have to learn to enjoy by myself, like I used to when I was off on Mondays and Tuesdays, twenty years ago.  I'd like a new bike, but maybe I should start with what I got and not spend money.  I have so many ideas on the right things to do, I really just need to buckle down and start doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment