Monday, August 14, 2017

8/14/17 Just Like That, Summer's Over

    There are still a couple weeks left in August and probably two months of shitty hot weather, but summer ended early for me.  Wife goes back to the regular routine of working Monday through Friday tomorrow, so she had to finally go back to Crystal City tonight so she can be in La Pryor in the morning.  At the start of summer she said she would be able to be up here maybe two full weeks, but it felt like she was here most of July and the first two weeks of August.  Maybe during the week she would attend a conference or some thing out at region 20 in San Antonio, but I do work during the week, so I don't need her by my side every minute.  Overall though, she has been here and we were able to live our life like we normally do, driving around, watching movies and just generally hanging our together.  Plus, the testosterone has really been working and I am on my way to my horny self of the past, so it was good that she was here.
    My leg gash took its sweet time, but it is finally healed up, I stopped wearing a dressing and bandages.  It is such a nice feeling that I don't have to unwrap my leg every time I poop and have to jump in the shower (I know I don't have to, but I do like it).  The doctor said that although it is closed to not go get in the ocean or rivers, I say good idea since we have had a few cases of flesh eating bacteria and other stuff that can attack human skin, have y'all seen sea ticks?  I didn't know they existed before this week, now they are attacking everybody.  The coast will have to wait until next year, just to be sure about the leg.  I would love to go to a lake but it is not much better, with a form of meningoencephalitis, where the amoeba enters the nose and attacks the brain.  We have heard of this happening around here a couple times, recently.
    I have no ill feelings about the summer.  We didn't do stuff like Schlitterbahn or Disney, but there's always next year.  I'm not sure my folks would bite, but we've also talked about going on a cruise.  Wife wants to do a cruise in the summer, and Disney next Thanksgiving.  I think I would rather be home for the turkey, but we shall see what happens.
    Chubs has one more week off before starting 7th grade.  He had a full week last week of band camp, and has been moved up to play the baritone saxophone which I played through junior high and high school.  I think it is kind of cool, but I don't want to push him too much.  He is also supposed to play football, but at this point, he has a super tight schedule, as he is still with the Junior Einstein Program.  He is in San Antonio with Wife's side of the family this week.
    Boy has two more weeks before starting at Texas State.  He has stayed busy all summer working at Alamo Drafthouse.  Once the boys are both in school, there is nothing left but to look ahead and wait for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment