Monday, August 21, 2017

8/21/17 My Birthday Celebration Started Saturday? (Poem)

Celebrating My Birthday For A Few Days

Wife was here on the weekend and took me out Saturday night
Who in their right mind can complain when the steak is cooked right?
It was a small party, Wife, my boys and Dirty Dog
DD is our roommate who ate, paid, and ran off to a date in a jog.
We were so full we barely made it home
I fell asleep so content I forgot to bone.
Sunday morning we got up at the crack of noon
Wife said "let's go to Sam's but I have to leave soon."
I was hesitant, I just wanted to chill
but it's good that I went, for she bought me a new grill.
I would have to test it, and that is just what I did
I made fajitas, chicken breasts and sausage, of food I never kid.
Wife left around four and I was sad
but the boys, DD and one of his girlfriends was hanging in my pad.
DD helped assemble the grill
his girlfriend tried on sexy costumes which gave us both a thrill.
Girlie and her friend got home from out of town between seven or eight
the grill was cooking there wasn't very long to wait.
they both thought I had been drinking because I was being funny
I said nah, but go get some bottles an I'll show you how it's done, Bunny.
I took shots of Absinthe straight, vodka with juice, and tequila with some cola
they said slow down you're getting drunk I said y'all need to get on the "bola."
Chubs made rice, Girlie's friend mashed potatoes in separate pans
we all sat and ate the meat in tacos and with our hands.
I was accused of being drunk but I am the last one to go to sleep
all them other fools went to bed earlier I don't even hear a peep
It is now about 3:30am, I am only sad I haven't seen a cake
tomorrow is my actual bday Central Market do not of me forsake.
I shan't complain I'm off Monday night
the hardest part is dropping off Chubs when I see the morning light.
And also the solar eclipse has made me think and worry
it happens today and my vision has also been a little blurry.
I just wish Wife was here now that with those shots I'm feeling extra good
it's my special day and here I am celebrating alone with my wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment