Sunday, August 20, 2017

8/20/17 Saturday Was A Beautiful Day With Wife?

    I was up Friday night pretty much all night trying to write blog for that day.  Wife fell asleep on the big leather chairs we have in our room.  I finally found an angle to write about and then finished right around 6:30am.  Wife woke up about that time and came to bed.  This worked out perfectly, as I was then able to shift my attention to her and get me some at that time.  It sounds weird to y'all, but I am a night shifter, so early morning I am usually pretty good at being awake.  After finishing our business, I was hungry, so I suggested to Wife that I wanted pancakes and she said IHOP?  I said no because it is always too full.  She then said Bill Miller also has pancakes for breakfast.  We went and tried waking up Chubs but he had been up until about 5:00am, he wanted no part of breakfast.  It is rare but I love when it is just Wife and I and we can talk without arguing with the two knuckleheads.  We hung there a bit after finishing our breakfast and then headed back home.  By this time it was 9:30am and we finally went to sleep.  I woke up at 12:30pm and headed to the kitchen to look over our bills.  Wife yelled about an hour later if I wanted to go to the mall.  I said "hell yeah!", she then wanted me to come up and shower and change.
    The idea was to go give Chubs a quick haircut at JCPenney at Southpark Meadows and get his school supplies at Target then head to the mall afterwards.  This idea didn't work because time got away from us.  We were at Target way tooooo lonnngggg, as usual.  Since I care about how the boys look, and my mom bought him some Under Armour Kevin Durant shoes.  He needed the Under Armour socks I knew would be at Academy.  We walked around, I was hoping to find the grills on sale for the end of summer, but I really didn't see anything worth buying, not that it would fit in Wife;s tiny Kia Soul.  I keep saying I don't want to like it, but it is really a cool little car, perfect for her, and just awesome in a parking lot, compared to my Excursion.
    By the time we left, it was already about 9:00pm, we told Boy's friend we were going to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse if he wanted to join us and he did.  We fumbled around between all our usual expensive places, but in the end, Chubs said he wouldn't mind there because he likes the spicy chicken bites they have as an appetizer.  I thought it would be cheaper than the other places, and Salt Lick was too far and the wait always too long to bother in this heat.  We had the chicken bites, calamari, and Boy wanted the loaded fries with chili and cheese as appetizers, and we all had steaks as entrees.  It was SO DELICIOUS, maybe it had just been awhile since we ate a salty steak, but the flavor and the seasonings just made me enjoy every bite.  To top it off, Chubs gave me $20 to either help with the meal or as my birthday gift, and Boy's friend, let's call him Dirty Dog since he keeps popping up because he lives with us, also gave me $40 since he ordered the priciest cut of meat helped bring the ticket down to a reasonable $110.
    We were home by 11:00pm or so, full as could be and I intended to write this and finish before midnight to watch Midnight, Texas with Wife, here I am, finishing this at 4:13am.  Again, I'm a night shifter so the time does not bother me, but I missed my opportunity for a little nookie-nookie.  Oh yeah, testosterone shots got me horny all the time again, woo-hoo!!!  Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment